Snacks you feel don't live up to the hype

Schoolbread. Not sure if it was an off day, but it was stale and gross. Took one bite and threw the rest in the garbage.

Schoolbread. Not sure if it was an off day, but it was stale and gross. Took one bite and threw the rest in the garbage.
I have never heard of school bread where at WDW is it sold? I’m GF so I couldn’t eat it anyway but I’m intrigued I’ve never run across it in all my years going to Disney. Love the GF churros at nomad lounge and the GF beignets at POFQ as those are a rare treat to find anywhere being made GF.

I think it would be easier if I told you the only snacks that I've found do live up to the hype or at least would if they even got any.
Anything peanut butter, anything cheesecake, spring rolls, back side of water, and boozy milkshakes.

Another one who was disappointed by the School Bread.

I also don't get the hype about the popcorn. It is just popcorn, nothing special, yet I know people who go crazy over Disney Popcorn.

What is the snack you just don't get the hype over? I know this has been posted before, but it has been a while so why not get some new takes. (I know Dole Whip is coming.)

Personally, mine are:

Schoolbread. I don't know what the excitement is over this treat. Stale dry roll with a dab of pudding. :sad2: Nope, I'll pass.

Churros. Don't get me wrong, one of my favorites at Disneyland, they do it right. Hot and fresh. WDW, is another story. Old, hard, and just plain sad.

You are too kind, we called it it dried bread stuffed with sweet paste. I also think the cheese stuffed pretzels are really stuffed with paste.

I find Churros to be sugared cardboard.

Yesterday DS wanted the Haunted Mansion Eclair ............... I'm not even sure it was really food, more like a prop made of cardboard.

And Oga's completely did me wrong yesterday claiming Batuu Bits were anything other than Sun Chips.

Fortunately we aren't snack eaters, saves us the disappointment. I guess it makes it worse that when we finally try one, we are sad when they aren't good.

I think the majority of treat items have slowly become more and more generic over the years. I loved several items from the old Main-street Bakery (Pre-Starbucks). Most things are pretty overrated now.

100% agree on the school bread. I tried so hard, but had no idea why anyone would want to consume it.

And Oga's completely did me wrong yesterday claiming Batuu Bits were anything other than Sun Chips.

Fortunately we aren't snack eaters, saves us the disappointment. I guess it makes it worse that when we finally try one, we are sad when they aren't good.

Agreed. I had Batuu bits when they first opened and then again in Sept 2021. They were different than I remembered and I recognized the sun chips!

WDW churros are just so sad. But then, my family's spoiled by DL so...

I will never understand turkey legs. Not there, not at RenFests. They're just not good.

I don't get the obsession over popcorn - certainly not in the US. Some of the flavours in Japan are neat, but it's still just popcorn.

And the glut of specialty cocktails...more accurately, I don't think I get the desperate need for booze. Congratulations: you've paid more for a drink than at the trendiest club in your home city to dehydrate yourself in the Florida sun. Woohoo!

1.Cheshire cat tail, gross, old and stale

2.The caramel popcorn in Norway. I thought it was gonna be at Garrett's level, but they were nowhere close.

3.Churros, not at Disneyland level
4.Tonga toast

And the glut of specialty cocktails...more accurately, I don't think I get the desperate need for booze. Congratulations: you've paid more for a drink than at the trendiest club in your home city to dehydrate yourself in the Florida sun. Woohoo!

Any drink with Sprite or sweet and sour mix is an automatic no from me. You know that's just sweet cheap garbage.

#JusticeForSchoolBread One of our favorites!

Not really a snack but the Tonga Toast at Poly is overhyped for me.

The churros at WDW aren’t very good but I don’t think there’s any hype around WDW churros, only Disneyland. But maybe because Disneyland churros are such a big deal people assume the WDW churros will be just as good?

Fresh hot regular popcorn in a bag or a box, not in those way overpriced popcorn buckets, with a frozen blue raspberry Minute Maid (no Coke in the drink) or frozen lemonade. But that's about it.

The rest are way overpriced. I'd never pay $6 for a donut or cupcake or any of the stuff at Werther's that you can buy in the store for a lot less. And Dasani tastes like yuck. Get Evian in France or buy Zephyrhills in the grocery store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter