Snacks you feel don't live up to the hype

I didn't really like the caramel in the Germany pavilion. It seemed kinda bland. I went in with the mindset that I would end up trying everything eventually because it all sounded amazing, but I tried one item (caramel covered in chocolate) and it completely killed my enthusiasm.

The UK used to have bagged chocolate covered caramel that I thought kicked the Germany stuff's butt; SO buttery, I miss it so much.

I feel like I’m the only one who hasn’t tried sh cool read on this thread 😂(much like Tallahassee in Zombieland, I like the taste of coconut, not the texture).

Another snack for me that didn’t live up to the hype was flavored popcorn. I love Disney popcorn (I know it’s the same as everywhere else, but it’s Disney. Even in Universal and Busch Hardens it’s better than what I make at home). But the flavored ones? I’m just….bleh.
I do need to try the mixes in Galaxy's edge though-maybe that will change my mind

Agree totally on the Rice Krispie treats.
I don’t like cupcakes, but I understand why others like them. They are very cute
I have gotten rice crispie balls with chocolate drizzle. They cam a few to a bag and they were sooooo good!

There’s some peanut butter and jelly cookie thing at HS I want to try. I never seek out snacks because they never live up to the hype (other than Dole Whip) but this one has me intrigued

Turkey legs While I love turkey and especially like dark meat poultry, but just don't get walking around a park with a very large turkey leg in your hand.

I won't comment about rice crispies as I don't like them in general Disney or otherwise.

I don't get the caramel and candy apples craze. I think they are one of those things that looks a lot better than they actually taste. It's just an apple covered in sticky, not great caramel. Plus since it's an apple once you bite or cut into it you only have like 15 minutes to finish it before they get oxidized and brown and gross. But I will admit that they are pretty.

Also, not exactly a Disney specific snack, but I remember hearing all the hype about Sprinkles cupcakes and being disappointed when I finally got to try them. There is something about the icing/frosting that I just don't like and all together they just aren't that great. And the vending machine is kind of a cool concept, but once again you just get a sad cupcake at the end.

Do they still have the tie-dye cheesecake at the Pop Century food court? I had heard so many positive reviews of it, but everyone in my group found it dry and not very flavorful.

Churros - even in Disneyland. I really don't understand the appeal of the snack in general, just not my taste.

Turkey Legs - just too much meat with little flavor

Dole Whip - It is yummy and the floats are the best on hot days but I really don't understand why everyone says it's the greatest snack

Of course, just my opinion and I'm glad people like these foods cause they are so happy when they eat it.
I like the rice crispy treats! I'm not sure if they still have it but the sweet shop in Magic Kingdom had a GIANT Mickey head crispy treat and I loved getting those to bring home.

You don't really hear much about it anymore (maybe it's not even available anymore), but mine was definitely the Butterfinger Cupcake at DHS. I thought it was nasty. Under the chocolate shell with the butterfinger was a HUGE pile of nasty white icing.

I didn’t get it either, but then I loathed the Pop Century food court in general

I liked the POP waffle with strawberry sauce, but that’s something that’s kind of hard to mess up. Everything else I had there left me wishing I’d waited and eaten somewhere else.

Churros. I don't like them at all.
Cupcakes, have only bought one specialty cupcake in 20 years, and don't plan to again. too much frosting, too expensive for what you get.
Not Disney specific, but I don't like pumpkin spice anything, so all of that can go.

I have agree with the school bread. DH and I thought we just got a bad one when the bakery was closed in Norway, but alas it was still just dry stale bread with a weird taste. We also were not impressed with the cheeseburger egg rolls. They were gross and overpriced.

I tried the zebra domes this summer because everyone said they are a must. I threw almost all away and would have loved a refund. Not good at all!

omg this - the fuss over zebra domes! Tor our tenth anniversary the lovely manager at Kidani gave us a bunch for free, waiting in our room with a note in chocolate telling us happy anniversary. We HATED them. I was so disappointed. It was so sweet of them too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter