Smoking areas at the GCH and DTD

julesann

DIS Veteran
I've never had to deal with this before but my db smokes and he will be staying with us at the GCH so I thought I would ask about this so I can let him know what to expect ahead of time.

Here's a link:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/smoking/

In DTD, I believe the only prohibition is inside buildings and eating areas (including dining patios).

I know that there is construction and refurbs going on, so I'd have DB ask at the Grand's reception desk to verify the smoking area is where the map says it is. Same thing for DTD and in the parks.

Thank you for the link! It was particularly helpful as it noted that MHP is completely non-smoking--no designated areas in DL at all during the party.

The location shown on the Disneyland site might be the "official" smoking area for GCH (orange circle), but guests usually smoke at the outside fireplace (red circle). The Napa Rose Lounge has an outside patio for smoking (blue circle, access only from inside the lounge). The lounge patio is intended for cigars, but cigarettes are smoked there. The VGC barbecue area (yellow circle) is often used for smoking (BBQ is seldom used).

Guests often smoke on balconies, although against the rules.

gch_smoking.jpg

What a great map of the GCH and of the smoking areas. This is really helpful Nonsuch--thank you!!

What a great map of the GCH and of the smoking areas. This is really helpful Nonsuch--thank you!!
I can confirm the orange circle was active October 2017. Our two rooms on the 4th floor were right above there and the smoke smell was awful!

Geemo

MHP is indeed completely non-smoking -- this is printed on the tickets and is stated on the DLR website on the MHP page. There is a designated smoking area for the parties in the esplanade. I've never seen it, but have heard from other guests who've used it, so ask CMs about the specific location. I have seen guests who light up in DL during MHP be approached by CMs who ask them to put out the cigarette and go to the esplanade to continue smoking.

Did you change rooms? I love the balconies at the GCH and it would put a damper on my trip if I couldn’t utilize them due to smoke!
It was during GayDays and two adjoining rooms were not available for us to switch to.

While the smoke smell wasn't inviting. We had a FANTASTIC time!
And loved the GCH, as we always do.

Geemo

The last couple times we stayed at the GCH they were no longer allowing smoking at the outside fireplace. I'll have to ask him exactly where he could go, but it might have changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter