small grocery delivery worthwhile?

ewasilau

Mouseketeer
Hi -

We are staying at Yacht Club starting tomorrow(!!) and I am wondering if it's worth ordering a small amount of groceries, such as milk and fruit. We are bringing a few snacks in our checked bags (and we do get 5 free checked bags, not that I want to take extra bags just for food!), including cereal, and plan to have some in-room breakfasts, but that's about it.

I assume we will have a mini-fridge in our room - is it big enough to hold a 1/2 gallon of milk? Maybe two of them? We are staying 5 nights. I know grocery type items in the resort markets are expensive, but are there fees that don't justify the use of a delivery service for a small order? If you would recommend ordering, which service? Insta cart? Amazon?

Thanks!!

Hi -

We are staying at Yacht Club starting tomorrow(!!) and I am wondering if it's worth ordering a small amount of groceries, such as milk and fruit. We are bringing a few snacks in our checked bags (and we do get 5 free checked bags, not that I want to take extra bags just for food!), including cereal, and plan to have some in-room breakfasts, but that's about it.

I assume we will have a mini-fridge in our room - is it big enough to hold a 1/2 gallon of milk? Maybe two of them? We are staying 5 nights. I know grocery type items in the resort markets are expensive, but are there fees that don't justify the use of a delivery service for a small order? If you would recommend ordering, which service? Insta cart? Amazon?

Thanks!!
Delivery fees for small orders can make ordering just a few staples cost-prohibitive. Some services have minimum orders that you need to meet or they won't even take your order. TBH, most staples like milk and bread are not too expensive in the resort markets. Fruit is a different story. Even so, you would have to order a lot of fruit from a delivery service to offset the delivery fee and make the fruit cheaper than the resort markets.

You will have a small refrigerator in the room. It can hold a half gallon container when the container is laid on its side or standing up if you remove one of the shelves. Two 1/2-gallon containers could be placed in the fridge if you aren't gong to have anything else in there.

There is a Hess (now Speedway) gas station across the street from Boardwalk, which is across the water from Yacht Club. So, it might be worth it for a walk for fruit. I figure if they have them, it has to be cheaper than the $3 per piece that Disney charges. But if you like beer or wine, you might get it there too as it may be cheaper. If you're going to do a run like that, bring a rolling suitcase to pack the stuff up.

Milk - you can get a 1/2 gallon for $3-3.60 at the resort store, so I would just get that at the resort.

While the delivery fees seem high I've still found it's cheaper to order things like a case of water and a 1/2 gallon of OJ than to keep buying them at the parks and resorts. Orlando Grocery Express just had a 10% off coupon so we used them again.

While the delivery fees seem high I've still found it's cheaper to order things like a case of water and a 1/2 gallon of OJ than to keep buying them at the parks and resorts. Orlando Grocery Express just had a 10% off coupon so we used them again.

If I can't afford the additional $14 delivery fee for my 24 pack of Bud and 2 bottles of Yellowtail...I should not be at Disney drinking is my philosophy.

We are not getting a grocery delivery this year. Will bring stuff from home in a carry-on (free) and then just buy milk. As far as drinks, not sure. I hate buying a Disney Mug that costs almost $20 for soda, kind of ridiculous.

I was just looking at the Safeway website and its free delivery for your first order (code:FREE) and you get a free case of Aquafina water 24 16.9floz bottles(code:AQUAFREE). That sounds like a deal to me.

Never used the speedway for grocery items, but I’m assuming they carry water? Case or gallon? We get in after midnight tomorrow night, so Publix and boardwalk store will be closed. We will go to Publix during the day, but need water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter