• I’m not excited about it, but I’m ok with the change

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • I’m indifferent about it

Votes: 27 21.1%
  • I’m not happy about it, but will still go on the ride

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • I’m not happy about it and will not go on this ride

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I’m upset about this change - leave it alone!

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I’ve never been on Splash Mountain so I have no opinion

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
I'm cautiously optimistic. Too many "reimagined" attractions have been made worse over the years. But if they get it right, this one could be great.

Which rides have gotten worse? On the flip side is Superstar Limo which was widely regarded as the one of the worst rides in the modern Disney age.... Changing it to Monsters' Inc. was a huge improvement.

I'm looking forward to seeing the plans. I just hope Disney does this the right way, whatever that is. Ha Ha.

I love Princess and The Frog and Tiana is my favorite of the "newer" princesses.

I’m not thrilled. I’d rather Disney refurbish old rides instead of replacing them. I’d prefer they add a new attraction instead Walt’s Disney was nostalgic and I loved his vision. Nowadays…not so much.

Years ago while watching the boats drop on Splash, DD and I actually talked about upgrading the ride to Princess/Frog. It just felt like a good fit. I think Tiana had been at the gazebo off Liberty Square and she was fresh in our minds. We also planned for a beignet cart outside by the big drop (kinda where we were standing). We also felt the end of the buildings there would be a great place to put a quick service for Tiana's restuarant. They could put up a building face to make it look like the end of the movie. Anyway, I think it'll be a nice upgrade to the ride. It's a great movie. :)

Last edited:
Looking forward to the new theming. We certainly enjoyed Splash, but think the new theme will be an upgrade. And the best part of the attraction remains - the big hill!!

I"m not excited but it's time for a change especially since the basis for the ride story is a movie that they won't show anymore. They did adjust the ride to take some of that out, which probably makes it more confusing to younger people who never got to see the movie. With that, changing the ride theming is a good idea and will be more relevant to most park-goers.

I'm excited to see what they do with it because I like Tiana, and it will be fun to have a "new" ride.

And I definitely hope this beignet cart wish comes true! -

Years ago while watching the boats drop on Splash, DD and I actually talked about upgrading the ride to Princess/Frog. It just felt like a good fit. I think Tiana had been at the gazebo off Liberty Square and she was fresh in our minds. We also planned for a beignet cart outside by the big drop (kinda where we were standing). We also felt the end of the buildings there would be a great place to put a quick service for Tiana's restuarant. They could put up a building face to make it look like the end of the movie. Anyway, I think it'll be a nice upgrade to the ride. It's a great movie. :)

I will miss the music. Zip A Dee Do Dah won an oscar and is part of Disney DNA. OTOH Princess And The Frog is a really good movie with some good songs too. They can do something really cute with the theming. I guess if I don't like it, that's one less queue for me to wait in.:earsboy:

I do like that they're building up on the tree, adding a boat with lights, etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was new dialogue voiced by the same actors (including Jim Cummings) and maybe even some projection technology, like the kind used on the new Mickey ride.

Projections would be a great way to throw in some of Dr. Facilier's shadow figures creepin' on the guests. Anyhow, I don't know about Song of the South, but for a ride there's much more story to incorporate with The Princess and The Frog.

princess-frog-attraction-splash-mountain-drop-1.jpg

I've not seen the movie or know the backstories, Brian, but that's great.

It takes place in New Orleans in 1926. Riverboats like that are commonplace on the Mississippi - even today we have some that are used just for show (in Memphis). Of course, the whole theme works better in Disneyland where it is adjacent to New Orleans Square - Frontierland is not as good of a fit.

First I have heard of it. And I had to look up Princess Tiana as I had never heard of her. My daughter is 31 and never was a huge Disney fan, and didn't care about ANY of the princesses. And my Granddaughter only likes Jessie from Toy Story.

I'm really excited about it because I can't wait to see what they do with the theme. I am bittersweet, though. Splash was my late Mom's favorite ride-she loved it to pieces. I wonder what she'd think.

It takes place in New Orleans in 1926. Riverboats like that are commonplace on the Mississippi - even today we have some that are used just for show (in Memphis). Of course, the whole theme works better in Disneyland where it is adjacent to New Orleans Square - Frontierland is not as good of a fit.
Sounds good.

There still are some riverboats on the Mississippi, though I think they are newly, or recently built. And yes, it would work better in New Orleans Square.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter