• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you know your blood type?
If yes….,what is it?

For Me…..I think I’m O+
I remember doing a science lab in school where we’d prick our fingers and test the blood, and I think I remember O+ being the result. This was in middle school, so a long long time ago. I wish I knew - I was told that if I donated blood they would tell me. Is this true?

3A9E9DCC-1481-4928-9A55-C83859A7D08E.jpeg

A- for me. When I used to donate blood regularly, the Red Cross mailed a card to me with my blood type on it.

I also had to get a shot with my two pregnancies because my husband’s blood type is positive and so are my kids. I can’t remember the details, but I had to get the shot at the hospital.

O-

I used to donate blood a lot when I was younger. I still have my Red Cross card with my blood type on it. :)

I don't know mine. I asked at a doctors appointment once and my doctor said insurance won't pay for them to run the test needed to determine blood type. She suggested that I go to Red Cross and give blood and they will tell me my type, but I have terrible veins and just getting one little vial of blood at the doctors office is a chore, so there is no way I could give enough blood to actually donate.

It is one of the Os but I can’t remember which one. I can’t find my blood donor card but it is on there.

A- Yes, you do get told when you donate blood.

Many years later I had to have a transfusion and they re-type you then and there for that.

You'd think with all the blood work I get done each year this would be something I'd know. I know all kinds of things about what's in my blood based on those tests, but I have no idea what type I am.

A- for me. When I used to donate blood regularly, the Red Cross mailed a card to me with my blood type on it.

I also had to get a shot with my two pregnancies because my husband’s blood type is positive and so are my kids. I can’t remember the details, but I had to get the shot at the hospital.
I had the same thing. On hospital bracelet, it said A-, complications- husband.

But I only gave blood once, took sooooo long. Other people was up and gone and I’m still dripping away.

I’m O+
DD - O-
DD - B +
Spouse - clueless
Father - AB- very rare
Mother - I believe O+
Sister - O-
We are all over the place - would love someone who understands how this works to explain how this came about - I know we covered this in school but that was a hundred years ago 🤣🤣

B+. Few really care about my blood type.

DH and DD are 0 negative -- they get calls from the blood bank for donations. Don't recall what DS is.

I'm A+ and I know my dad and at least one of my sisters is, too. My mom is AB+.

I know from donating blood and from being hospitalized for anemia twice.

Only 7% of the worlds population has type O- blood. Although O- is the universal donor for every other blood type or for those who are in need of a transfusion and blood type is unknown or there is no supply of that blood type. O- blood type individuals, such as myself, can only receive O- blood for themselves. Crazy how nature works.

I donate double red blood cells twice per year. Hopefully my donations have helped those in need and hopefully if I ever need some type O Neg. there will be some for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter