slo’s SUNDAY 7/31 poll - Pierogies

Pierogi flavors - what’s your favorite(s)? (M.C.)

• Potato & cheese

Votes: 76 66.1%
  • Sweet cheese

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Another type of cheese (please post what)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Meat

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Sauerkraut

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Fruit (please post which one)

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Onion

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Mushroom

• I’ve never had pierogis

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you eat Pierogies?
If yes - what kind do you like?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..We eat pierogis often - we love them - especially DD18 - it’s her favorite! :love:
The ones I normally make are potato & cheese and sweet cheese (when I say “make” I mean heat up - I tried making them homemade once and never again - it took to much time). Sometimes I make mushroom ones when DH and I grill steaks and that’s very good. I have had some different fruit ones at pierogi fest in Whiting, IN and those are good, but I never think to make them at home.

*Inspiration for today’s poll - the three of us going to Pierogi Fest today.
BEA02C39-9658-4366-80DC-CA1C66676F8D.png

I love pierogies! I make a super simple crockpot dinner where you just dump a bag of frozen green beans in, then a layer of frozen pierogies (whatever kind you want), a layer of sliced onion, 1 pound of sliced kielbasa, couple handfuls of shredded cheese (I use cheddar), and 3/4 cup of chicken broth. Cook on low for 4 hours. Love it.

🤣🤣 you said make and I got very impressed !! 😳😳😳😳 I was like wow you go SLO !! That’s a lot of work when you can buy decent ones at the store

Then I read heat up and I almost spit out my coffee laughing - yeah your just like me !!! I often think your superwoman - seriously you handle a Lot!! ❤️

Love them - any flavor eat them all the time !! Nice quick meal !!

I love pierogies! I make a super simple crockpot dinner where you just dump a bag of frozen green beans in, then a layer of frozen pierogies (whatever kind you want), a layer of sliced onion, 1 pound of sliced kielbasa, couple handfuls of shredded cheese (I use cheddar), and 3/4 cup of chicken broth. Cook on low for 4 hours. Love it.
Thanks for posting this - I’m going to give it a try 🙂👍🏻

I had pierogies one time, made by a person born in Poland and served with sauerkraut. I was not a fan of the dish, probably because of the sauerkraut.

Pierogi are a big ethnic food in my area. I don’t dislike them, but don’t go out of my way to eat them either. Usually cheese/potato filled. One of my girls likes them a lot. If she’s at the grocery store with me she’ll throw a few boxes in my cart and then she’ll make them after school or lunch on weekends.

I don't think I"ve ever really tried them. I may have had one at Disney festival, food/wine, but not positive.....sounds yummy and like something I would love, if Potatoes and cheese are involved.

I'm Slovak. We eat pierogi. All the time. Frequently with kielbasa. I usually buy the ones from the freezer section and saute them with sliced onions. DH and the kids love them.

We usually get potato cheese or potato onion filling. We've gotten mushroom too, it's okay.

Edit. I have to say they are a pain to make from scratch. Just get the ones from the freezer section.

LOVE them but I consider them a cold-weather food because it ends up being a pretty heavy meal. There are several brands available in the freezer case that are excellent and come in many varieties. Our regular ones are potato-cheddar and potato-bacon. I boil them then sautee in butter and onions, serve with bacon bits and sour cream, most often as a side to smoked sausage and sauerkraut. Delish!!

Never heard of them until I moved to PA & discovered they are mini boiled knish, which are fried in NYC and different but yum. Sort of a dreamy mashed potato filled ravioli cooked low and slow with buttered onions.

I made them a few times but the frozen weren't worth the carbs & calories so if I'm going to hame them they will be homemade and generally a part of a fundraiser where some ladies aux makes them from scratch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter