slo’s MONDAY 9/26 poll - Fall Mums

Fall Mums - What color(s) do you buy? (M.C.)

• I buy fall mums

Votes: 31 36.5%
  • I do not buy fall mums

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Yellow

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Orange

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • White

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Red

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Purple

Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Pink

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Total voters
I don't buy them-we're just not 'decorate-y' people for the outside of our house except for Christmas.

Reactions: slo

I like anything to do with the Fall season. We bought 2 huge mums from Costco about 2 weeks ago. Choices were purple and yellow. I would have gotten the yellow but the buds were already opening and being that I live in GA where it's still warm/hot, didn't want to chance it. I'm just hoping they take me thru Halloween and maybe, hopefully, into Thanksgiving.

Will be buying about 3 pots to put into planters in the next few days. I have also ordered 3 hanging baskets from the local School's PTA . I usually get orange, red or purple. Depends on what is available. I usually get ours from Home Depot or Lowes.

I like flowers that match a season & mostly pick the garnet and rust for up the steps & added some fun deep purple or Halloween, they should make it through Thanksgiving as long as I water nearly every day.

Started my Halloween deco outside - couple mum pics - no guilt ripping up my flowers I’m so over them - but sad putting up hummingbird feeders - they left last week ☹️

Attachments

• C9DAC306-8019-4B51-B2A5-4D4617CCB429.jpeg
    C9DAC306-8019-4B51-B2A5-4D4617CCB429.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 5
  • 29AF37D3-EC29-4B70-9A3D-F3FE3D300E37.jpeg
    29AF37D3-EC29-4B70-9A3D-F3FE3D300E37.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 5
I also buy every year. My favorites are the deep red and the bronze. This may be what some are calling orange but the bronze is a deeper color with hints of brown. Very fallish

Don't buy them. We had one and my wife hated it, so it went in the trash.

• Sad
Reactions: slo
I usually do but haven’t so far this year. I go with whichever colors look healthiest, but am drawn to the yellows together with the brownish/rust ones, or the burgundy with white.

Years ago they all seemed to be hardy varieties. When you planted them in the garden, they came back year after year. Most I have purchased at all recently must be hot house varieties and thus I just use them as temporary decoration.

Also they sometimes are not in great soil and are hard to keep properly watered if kept in the pots.

Do you buy fall mums for outside your house?
If yes….what colors do you buy?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I really love fall moms and when I buy them, I try to get all colors, but my least favorite is the orange, so I normally don’t have as many of those as I do other colors.
The front of my house last year ⬇️
I also have some areas that I plant mums that aren’t shown here.
View attachment 705297

You'd almost think you had been the owner of a frame shop the way you have your front entrance framed so pretty and nice, Sandy. :rolleyes1

1664244237151.png

I was just looking at mums this evening when I was running errands. I wasn't at my typical Kroger due to dd's practice and their selection of mums, as well as produce, stunk! (every time I go in that Kroger I ask myself why am I here, lol)

I will likely buy them at my regular Kroger or at Home Depot sometime this week. I always go with deeper colors - ruby red is my favorite. The only color I never buy is yellow. My house is light brick and yellow just looks too blah, I need a dark punch of color! ::yes::

I love all the colors but had to choose the "I don't buy" option. They'd last less than 24 hours in my yard before the deer had a feast on them.
Have you ever tried spraying them with deer repellent?
I have a lot of deer by me and i have to spray my Impatients - they love eating those. I’ve never had a problem with my mums. My deer must be picky eaters - LOL!

Have you ever tried spraying them with deer repellent?

A neighbor did that in a place we lived previously. The repellent made his yard smell like raw sewage and they decided to plant things more deer resistant instead!!!

A neighbor did that in a place we lived previously. The repellent made his yard smell like raw sewage and they decided to plant things more deer resistant instead!!!
I know a few people in our neighborhood who have tried it, they say it works ok until it rains and washes it off. Then the deer eat everything before they can spray it again.

Our deer are NOT picky eaters, they even eat marigolds. There are some things they like better than others, like impatiens and pepper plants, but they eat pretty much anything and everything. There's just too many of them in too small of an area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter