slo’s MONDAY 8/8 poll - Ceiling Fan When Sleeping

Ceiling Fan - Do you require one to sleep and what speed? (M.C.)

• Yes - always

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • Yes - In the summer

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • Yes - in the Fall

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Yes - In the Winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - In the Spring

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • No - I don’t need it to sleep

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • High

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Medium

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • Low

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 13 12.0%

• Total voters
Ahhh, another way to showcase my quirks.

DH has 2 box fans that he needs on high to sleep. I need the TV. So, TV at 35 to be heard over the fans. Ceiling fan going on the really hot days (bedroom is top floor and our central air doesn't like to push air up there - gets to be about 90* up there on the hottest of days.)

And, again, 80 blankets and layers of clothing.

Except last night, I was SO warm and I slept with just the comforter and in capris and a t-shirt. I legit thought "huh, if anyone from the DIS saw this, they would call me a liar!"

I am a treat to try and figure out :)

It's been in the 90s for the past few weeks here in Maine, and we have no a/c, so currently we have 4 ceiling fans running non-stop, as well as 5 floor/desk fans. I am dreading my electric bill this month!! Normally, we only run the ceiling fans, once the temps get into the 80s and the humidity creeps up there. We live in a 120 year old house, and when it gets humid, if we don't keep air circulating, the house starts to smell musty. We've had it checked, there's no mold, the filters on everything are replaced on schedule, etc. It's just an old house with horsehair plaster/lathe walls throughout most of the rooms, and it just doesn't like humidity.

No ceiling fan but I do have the pedestal fan on medium every night. Blowing in the direction of the bed but not directly on me.

I don’t have a ceiling fan. I do sleep with a fan in the open window in the late spring, summer and early fall. (May - October ish)

Ceiling and floor fan both, need the floor fan for the white noise. No, I don't want a noise machine.

I liked the ceiling fan on, my husband can't sleep with it. Really didn't use ceiling fan in our room so we took it down and put up a chandelier. I HAVE TO have a fan so I do have a freestanding one on my side of the bed on the floor. That doesn't bother him. We have ceiling fans in other bedrooms (4), family room and basement. We live in the Southeast and it's needed. I fan is a necessity for me, I even have a small one on my countertop in my bathroom. I even travel with it.

Yes almost all year round. We switch the direction when it gets cold. My DH likes it on low. I like it on high. He is away this week and last night I was talking to my DD’s and one of my DD’s boyfriend who was still over and I joked that I was going to bed and couldn’t wait to turn up the fan. DD was telling her boyfriend she’s never seen a fan that goes this high. I love it.

We have ceiling fans in every room, including the laundry room and the bathrooms. Living in a warm climate makes them almost mandatory. I sleep with one on high every night. We have quiet ones though. I am sitting under the one in the living room right now, and it doesn’t make a sound. In my experience, ceiling fans are much quieter than regular fans.

If I don’t have a fan on, it feels like the room is stuffy and stale.

We have ours on medium all summer, fall and spring and sometimes in the winter. I'm in Georgia so it can warm one day and coldish the next in the winter. I have them running all year round in all the upstairs bedrooms. Like you I had a hysterectomy years ago but still need one. I have a small fan I attach to a little ledge by my side of the bed in our RV. We keep the AC on about 77 in the summer in the house but I still need the fan at night. We also have the one in the living room going just about all year, we have 14 ft. ceilings in the living room so need to push the air down.

I live near the beach in So Cal so we don't need AC enough to even have it. I get very dried out if the fan is blowing air on us so we run a ceiling fan in reverse (air being pulled up to the ceiling) and have an oscillating floor fan when we need it. That's good enough for the couple of weeks a year when it gets uncomfortable and keeps us from having a big AC bill.

I don’t have a ceiling fan in my bedroom. I don’t like a fan blowing on me.

I don't need it to sleep, but my wife keeps the ceiling fan on during the summer, and drops the AC to 72 degrees when we go to bed because otherwise her sinuses act up. We keep the house at 75 degrees during the day during the summer

The ceiling fan is on in the summer. The box fan with the noise is on all year.

We, the humans, need it in the summer, he, the dog, needs it in the summer and the winter. He is hairy and he gets hot and pants if it's not on, even in the MN winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter