• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY 9/12 poll - Checking Accounts

Checking Accounts - How many do you have?

Votes: 50 52.1%

Votes: 25 26.0%

Votes: 11 11.5%

Votes: 4 4.2%

Votes: 3 3.1%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 or more

• I do not have a checking account

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How many checking accounts do you have?

For Me……We have 6
One for each: Bills, Travel, Medical, Me (misc), DH (misc) and DD18 (misc)
People laugh at me for this, but it works for us 🙂👍🏻

ETA since I didn’t mention it….these accounts are all joint accounts. The only one DD18 is only on is her own, but she‘s the beneficiary on all the accounts, so if something happens to us she can still pay the bills.
F25324A5-AF7D-40E5-9978-A07D1342DEA7.png

Last edited:
We have two. When DH and I met we both had checking accounts set up at different banks so just kept them. DH pays the bills out of his account and I do groceries and other things out of my account. It's always worked for us. :)

I have one personal checking account and one joint account with DH. He may have a few other personal accounts.

I used to have a few more, but closed them. One account went through five different bank acquisitions before I closed it.

I think i can request and write checks from some other accounts, including credit cards, but I haven’t done so in over 20 years.

I only write about 5 or 6 checks a year these days.

We do not have any joint accounts. Personally I have 3 checking accounts. At 3 different banks :scratchin

1. Is the "main account" that I use for bills only and direct deposit. I am also an employee of the institution.
2. Is the "play money account"... this is the one that I use for fun.
3. Is the "I don't need it or want it, but don't want waste a big box of free checks account". I will occasionally make a deposit and/or withdrawal to keep it alive.

I rarely use checks anyway, it seems that the only time I write checks is to myself to transfer money from one bank to another. It is much easier to use the mobile deposit app than it would be to withdraw cash and go deposit it in person. I cannot even remember the last time I wrote a check to anybody else.

Credit union - 1 checking and 1 savings.

Opened another checking account at another bank when I was getting divorced. Never used it as it was much easier taking each other off the accounts. I had to provide a statement signed by her (we never used this when married, just kept it open) and I had to go into "her" bank to close that account.

Just had to open a savings account at a Credit union I got a car loan at. Not using it other than to transfer money to it then transfer to the loan. I need to change direct deposit yet to send my car payment here.

Knowing what I know now rather than when I was basically just a kid still when I got married, like it seems most I know, if I was to get married again, it would be a joint account for the bills and separate accounts for each other.

We have 3 joint accounts at 2 banks (actually I was on a 4th with my dad before his death last year). One is for my husband’s business, one is for our beach house and one is our personal account.

We have two separate checking accounts but at the same bank so they are linked and we can transfer easily between them. One is his account and one is mine that we both had before we were married. I’ve had the same checking account since I was 15 actually.

Just one (unless you count a home equity account, which I guess technically can have checks - in that case two).

We do have multiple savings accounts, though, for different purposes.

I have 3, my main one (credit union) where my check gets deposited to, one I opened for a bonus that I keep some money in since it's a bank that has ATMs all over, and one joint one I opened with my college age daughter - anything school related goes through that. She can also withdraw money from that account if needed and it's easier to keep track of what has been paid for school.

My husband has one (credit union). We have zero joint accounts but have been talking about opening one for house related expenses. Right now, we just venmo each other our share of something. Might sound odd to some but it works for us. We were both established adults with kids from prior marriages and very used to handling our own finances, neither of wants to give that up at this stage in our lives. He doesn't need to see everything that I purchase lol and I really don't want to see what he spends on golf!

We have 2. We both had accounts at different banks when we got married. Both of our paychecks go into one account now and the other is used for money I make selling on eBay, Poshmark, etc.

3 personal accounts, all joint w/ my husband. A few business accounts and I'm on my parents accounts as well.

2...both joint. But I don't use one at all. It is DH's for his side business
The other one, I manage and pay all bills out of.

2 joint accounts. Our old one, we haven't gotten around to closing out yet, was where our mortgage was with, but we paid that off a couple years ago. Our primary checking account is now tied to our financial advisor's bank.

Both our boys have their own separate checking account.

Two; one joint and one of my own. I only used the joint one for years but when we moved to our current t home I opened an account at a bank in the neighbourhood here for convenience sake. I use it for depositing small windfalls and spending g on specific projects. All our routine banking/bills/saving goes on at the other bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter