Slipping on floor in rooms with no carpet

arminnie

<font color=blue>Tossed the butter kept the gin<br
https://www.duckbrand.com/products/...MI05C7j9Oy5AIVBdbACh0q-AuZEAAYASAAEgIhWvD_BwE
Several people have mentioned slipping on the new laminate flooring at WDW when getting out of bed. I was having that problem at home too.

I cut out pieces of the shelf liner referenced in the above link and it works great. It would be so easy to put a piece in your luggage. It only weighs an ounce or two and takes practically no room.

I find this works much better than the socks with nubs on the bottom. And I don’t have to wear socks to bed in the summer.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! The slip/fall did happen to me on the laminate floor in our Living Room recently. Unfortunately I tried to get up from the couch and turn at the same time, and it didn't work of well. I had a huge, painful bruise on my thigh for about 2 weeks.

I take 2 lengths with me now - one to use on the floor next to the bed, and one to cover the shower floor. Our daughter said that for safety, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take along a couple of more pieces - one for in front of the sink, and one for in front of the toilet.

When we get home, I just throw them in the washer (usually with towels) and then hang them up to dry.

I am in a power chair, but I can stand and pivot (while holding on for dear life to something solid) when getting up from bed, the toilet or my chair. I keep a piece by the toilet and by my bed as those are the only two places where I stand in my home. I can also pivot and get into or out of our van, but having shoes and a street surface has not been slippery. I think I'll put a piece in the car just in case I end up someplace slippery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter