Slipper Dessert

hi:wave:
so if we only need 48 hours notice i could wait untill i arrive before placing my order for this, we will be there for 4 days before i will need them::yes::
we want to order the glass slipper for my birthday dinner and it would be nice for the boys to have the white mickey

have fun eating them::yes::

eve

I was told 24 hour notice for the slippers dessert and 48 hours for the white chocolate mickey. It's my impression from other posters that the slippers are only available at GF restaurants or room service. I didn't think to ask about the mickeys.

robyn:wave:
looks like i will be eating in one of the GF restaurants,just so i can order the slipper:D maybe someone else will know about the white mickey, perhaps you can have it at chef mickeys that would be good

eve::MinnieMo

I think I'm going to start a run on the white mickeys. DS gets dragged to all the princess things and I thought the slipper dessert might just be over the edge (at least to DH). Sometimes boys get shortchanged (no Toy Story character dinners either). Maybe if the white mickeys get requested a lot I should ask Disney for a commission LOL. Hope we all enjoy the slippers and white mickeys!

Ok now I reallllly want one. Do they have to be pre-ordered? Is there somewhere at the GF you can just walk up and purchase? My DS is going on a pirate cruise and I will have about 3 hours to kill for him to come back.

I was thinking of eating bfast at GF. I dont see them on any of the menus.

Its a secret menu item =) Most of the staff dont know what you're talking about, I mean, desk staff and such... I'm sure the waitstaff are familiar.

Its a special dessert only found on the catering menu and used for weddings and reception at WDW. You have to call the GF bakery directly to place an order in advance for them... they can only be served at the GF, but you can have it served at the tea or something.

We considered doing just dessert in order to have them, but would have felt a bit guilty for not ordering food, so we're doing lunch at the Cafe =) I have heard of others having theirs during tea, which is more affordable and would be a nice thing to do during the Pirate cruise =)

If this available via room service, do I just call the bakery from my hotel room and have it brought up for later, or must I call in advance for this?

Actually you don't even have to call the bakery. You can just call the restaurant where you have your PS. I called 1900 Park Fare and that's where they told me they need 24 hours for the slippers and 48 hours for the mickeys. We're going to be at HRH for 5 nights before GF so I'm going to order everything before we leave home just to be on the safe side. Who knows what other secret desserts we'll be able to find now that we know about the slippers and mickeys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter