Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

To be fair, gondolas are a rumor unless I missed something. Permits are all for various structures, and people are connecting the dots.
I really don't know what else those structures could be for.

To be fair, gondolas are a rumor unless I missed something. Permits are all for various structures, and people are connecting the dots.

If we define rumors as "Disney hasn't announced it", then yes it is a rumor, but it's a rumor that have overwhelming supporting evidence.

If we define rumors as "Disney hasn't announced it", then yes it is a rumor, but it's a rumor that have overwhelming supporting evidence.

Right - there's rumors like "A Ratatoullie or Beauty and the Beast ride in France" where there's no real evidence in favor of it, and then there's rumors like "New DVC Tower and gondola system" in which Disney has filed permits for construction, but hasn't announced anything.

Right - there's rumors like "A Ratatoullie or Beauty and the Beast ride in France" where there's no real evidence in favor of it, and then there's rumors like "New DVC Tower and gondola system" in which Disney has filed permits for construction, but hasn't announced anything.

Right--if the france pavilion was being gutted we could postulate what they are putting in it--- that would be more on par to the gondolas...

Oh they'll target landing you in an easement pond...so really...Whee....eeeee....eeee.... I love D I S n e y.....splash ....

Edit: Also, it's $59.99, but they give you a Tiramisu at the end.

That makes it a better water ride than Kali River Rapids!

Oh they'll target landing you in an easement pond...so really...Whee....eeeee....eeee.... I love D I S n e y.....splash ....

Edit: Also, it's $59.99, but they give you a Tiramisu at the end.

Wouldn't they offer you a cupcake...and not Tiramisu?

I really don't know what else those structures could be for.

I agree, I'm not sure what else it could be. But the permits are for structures, and while it makes far and away the most sense, it is still not confirmed to be a gondola system, so it still is a rumor that the gondolas are going in. Again, I do think it is almost assuredly some sort of a gondola system, but it's not fair to say that isn't still a rumor. Thinking about it, boy it would be funny if it had nothing to do with transportation and was something stupid for like storage. People would lose their minds.

But back to what it was originally about. I agree with you I think there is very little validity to worrying about evacuations. Sky rides have and still are all over themeparks throughout the country, and those probably all have less technology than this will. I'd stick that far down on the list of worries.

I agree, I'm not sure what else it could be. But the permits are for structures, and while it makes far and away the most sense, it is still not confirmed to be a gondola system, so it still is a rumor that the gondolas are going in. Again, I do think it is almost assuredly some sort of a gondola system, but it's not fair to say that isn't still a rumor. Thinking about it, boy it would be funny if it had nothing to do with transportation and was something stupid for like storage. People would lose their minds.

But back to what it was originally about. I agree with you I think there is very little validity to worrying about evacuations. Sky rides have and still are all over themeparks throughout the country, and those probably all have less technology than this will. I'd stick that far down on the list of worries.

It's for laundry transport to and from the resorts to a centralized cleaning location.

I don't think anyone is saying that it's not a rumor. Some of us are just saying there are different levels of rumor. Let's call them Level A, B, and C.

Level A: A rumor with no evidence to back it up outside of "inside information".
Examples: Stitch being replaced by Wreck-It-Ralph
Ratatouille ride going into France.
GotG replacing Ellen's Energy Adventure

Level B: Rumors with circumstantial evidence - not completely clear.
Examples: The gondola system
DVC tower at CBR
The 3rd track in TSMM

Level C: A rumor with strong evidence but not confirmed by Disney
Examples: Bay Lake Tower was almost built before Disney would confirm it was a DVC tower.
The AT-ATs in the new Star Wars ride were photographed, but were initial not confirmed.
Moving the security stations at MK back were rumor with strong evidence they were building new locations.
The rental cabanas/tents in Tomorrowland were installed but not yet announced so would be a rumor.

Level A rumors end up as often as not being wrong. Level B and C rumors are often right or partially right.

More permits on this! Thanks to @DanBoris

A permit was filed by PCL Construction for "FOUNDATION AND BUILDING INFRASTRUCTURE" at the following addresses. These are the same addresses as the pervious permit for utility work and these match up with the locations of the six main gondola structures.

1874 Avenue of the Stars
251 E Buena Vista Dr
785 Studio Dr
1910 Animation Way
1051 Sea Breeze
1074 Sea Breeze

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter