Skyliner Reliability Tracking

gumbo1009

...flawed product of a deranged mind...
I'm trying to decide whether I want to keep reservations at CBR. My primary reason for staying there is the convenience of the Skyliner system.

If the system is unreliable, then I would prefer to stay elsewhere on property.

I'm hoping that folks who are visiting Disney over the coming months can describe their experiences (any stops? if so which, dates, at what frequency and duration?)

Obviously I'm interested in both negative AND positive feedback (will help me get a sense of what the numerator and the denominator might look like).

Too bad Touring Plans can't track this on a sample of dates/times and stick it in a dataset! (hint hint) Or perhaps add it to LINES?

(hint, hint-ing) Touring Plans here is probably much, much less effective than, I dunno, contacting TP with the suggestion?

Anyway, any individuals' experiences on or with the Skyliner in the coming months will not in any way predict what your experiences might be during your trip.

just stay where you want to stay.

My DD and I just got back staying at CBR and we absolutely loved taking the Skyliner to/from Epcot and DHS! There were very short lines (even to get to the part for rope drop) if there was even a line at all. Most of the time we walked right on and had a car to ourselves. The ride to DHS was a believe was 6 minutes and Epcot 12 minutes. We did experience one hiccup where we were stuck for about 5 minutes on the Epcot line. From what we could see the stop involved a stroller trying to load on.
I must say that having the use of the Skyliner was a pleasant change and added convenience compared to the buses. We loved it and really wished we could have traveled to the other parks the same way.
We enjoyed our stay at CBR. Although we didn’t care for the decor of the Pirate room we stayed in or having to walk a bit a ways to the one hot tub, we definitely enjoyed the convenience of the Skyliner.

Just did the Skyliner from Epcot to the Studios twice, which involved going to CBR and switching lines to get to the Studios. It was very, very quick loading and efficient, and took about 20", compared with the 40" projected if we took the boat. It was literally 2 minutes to board, at each of the places. We did notice that CBR seems to have a second place to board that is at one end of the property, so guests staying there would have it very convenient.

We did the DHS to Epcot round trip several times during our visit November 4-8. Boarding lines moved quickly, and the longest stop we had was less than 5 minutes. Can’t wait to use it again in January.

Thanks everyone. I am encouraged by your stories! I hope they consider opening the line earlier (so you can use it for morning EMH at Epcot))...

We are staying at Pop and the skyliner is AMAZING!!!

There has never been a wait, even at park open and close. It is a very comfortable, smooth ride (no standing on an overcrowded bus at the end of the day!)

The trip from Pop to HS was incredibly short this morning. We were running behind and left the hotel around 8:30 and still made it well before rope drop at 9.

I was worried that changing gondolas at CBR would be a pain, but it is super simple and quick.

If we ever come back to WDW, I would 100% stay at Pop for the gondolas. They have made such a positive difference for us!

I think it’s the same as staying at a monorail resort for the convenience of using the monorail.

The percentage of guests affected by major delays is minimal vs. the amount of guests who’ve had smooth sailing (or in this case flying).

But, things happen.
One never knows.

I say book CBR and use the Skyliner without hesitation. That’s our plan for Pop.

We rode the Skyliner from EP to DHS last weekend. There was a brief pause when heading into the CBR station, but, otherwise, it was smooth sailing (or flying, I guess!). Anything can happen, obviously, but we were pleased with our experience. I am currently debating Riviera for our next trip and Skyliner reliability is definitely going to play into that decision.

I rode the Skyliner twice during my one week stay at Pop (once going back from HS late afternoon, and once at Epcot after Epcot Forever), and it went very smoothly. Even though the second time was after Epcot Forever, otherwise known as park close, with long waits for buses. I went out the IG and though there was a long line at the station, it moved quickly, and at Caribbean Beach, again, a line but again, moved quickly and I was back at Pop much sooner than I would have been with the buses.

Thanks everyone!!

What about morning EMH? Right now is it bus only? (Or is the Skyliner opening up in time?)

Thanks everyone!!

What about morning EMH? Right now is it bus only? (Or is the Skyliner opening up in time?)

The skyliner opened at 8 am all week for us. As we were headed to MK Sunday around 7 am at Pop, the bus line for HS was the longest bus line I have ever seen! I honestly don’t understand why they don’t run the skyliner earlier. It was a total mess with the bus system which could have easily been alleviated by the skyliner.

ETA...it was very hard switching back to the bus system after enjoying the skyliner for 3 days!

We were only there for four days a few weeks ago, right after the accident, but only found one instance of the Skyliner being down between CBR and Epcot. When we got in line to board at AOA, they told us the line from CBR to Epcot was down and that it would probably be faster to take the bus to Epcot from AOA. All other times we rode it with no delay, and we only visited DHS and Epcot over our four day trip. We booked a bounceback stay in April at CBR because we loved the Skyliner so much.

I want to ride the Skyliner at some point. Think though I will wait till a trip in the cooler temps though. I think the longer it is running the bugs will get ran out moreso, I think.

The skyliner opened at 8 am all week for us. As we were headed to MK Sunday around 7 am at Pop, the bus line for HS was the longest bus line I have ever seen! I honestly don’t understand why they don’t run the skyliner earlier. It was a total mess with the bus system which could have easily been alleviated by the skyliner.

Thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they start running it earlier -- and if not, perhaps I will splurge on Uber/Lyft for HS EMH/RD (rather than relying on the bus)..

Anyone do CBR clear through to DMK using Skyliner then Monorail. If so, how long a trip door to door? Seems more scenic than doing the buses.

Anyone do CBR clear through to DMK using Skyliner then Monorail. If so, how long a trip door to door? Seems more scenic than doing the buses.

The problem with that plan is that the Skyliner drops you off at the International Gateway to Epcot (World Showcase), and you then have to walk all the way through Epcot (using park admission, so you'd have to have hoppers if you plan to enter MK) to the monorail station at the front. It would take quite a bit longer than riding the bus.

The walk from the Skyliner station at the International Gateway to the monorail station is .6 miles, which is about 12 minutes on foot, not to mention that you would need a park hopper ticket in order to enter Epcot and then Magic Kingdom, and you'd have to switch monorails at the TTC to get from Epcot to MK.
It would make a lot more sense, and take significantly less time, just to take the bus from CBR.

The walk from the Skyliner station at the International Gateway to the monorail station is .6 miles, which is about 12 minutes on foot, not to mention that you would need a park hopper ticket in order to enter Epcot and then Magic Kingdom, and you'd have to switch monorails at the TTC to get from Epcot to MK.
It would make a lot more sense, and take significantly less time, just to take the bus from CBR.
Plus another bag check 😨

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter