Skyliner maintenance 2023

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
Hey all,

just got an email from my travel agent with dates for skyliner closure in January

In order to maintain the highest quality standards, Walt Disney World Resort must conduct routine maintenance from time to time.

To help you and your clients plan for vacations early next year, we’re sharing that all lines of the Disney Skyliner will be closed for routine maintenance Jan. 22-29, 2023

thought I would pass on the news

I saw that. If I was in a Skyliner resort I'd be pretty upset. That Skyliner was a huge highlight of our trip last April. Loved that thing!! Super great addition to WDW.
our trip is January 16-24 for the Disney portion (then moving to Universal) and we are staying at AoA, decided to not change anything because it will only be closed the last 2 days for us. I would be bummed if it was closed our whole trip

Uh, yeah, it's a complicated piece of machinery that requires annual maintenance. Damn right they're "making a habit of it." And they're picking the least crowded time of year to do it.
I don’t deny that the maintenance needs to be done. But I’d still be unhappy to be paying inflated skyliner rates at those resorts only to find after booking that it was going to be closed. I would probably change resorts.

I don’t deny that the maintenance needs to be done. But I’d still be unhappy to be paying inflated skyliner rates at those resorts only to find after booking that it was going to be closed. I would probably change resorts.

Yeah, I mean, it has to be done sometime, but it should absolutely be planned out in advance and disclosed to guests, with the option for those already booked to change their arrangements.

Last edited:
Hopefully they don't start the refurb early. Kinda weird that they do it during the Arts Festival at Epcot.

Consider the closure period is five months away, you have plenty of time to do so.
Maybe. Resort availability has been pretty unpredictable of late.

That also assumes you actively stay plugged into a site like this. Because Disney sure isn’t proactively notifying people. Which is probably my biggest beef with this.

Isn't it 3 independent runs? Wonder why they don't finish one and then move on? 2 days for each would be easier for guests I would think.

We are staying at Boardwalk the dates it is going to be down for maintenance. I may be remember incorrectly, but I believe they were only down for about 5 days instead of the scheduled 10 earlier this year so holding out hope we have it for a day or 2 to head to Topo’s

Maybe. Resort availability has been pretty unpredictable of late.

That also assumes you actively stay plugged into a site like this. Because Disney sure isn’t proactively notifying people. Which is probably my biggest beef with this.
I booked Pop several months ago for last week of Jan and although if you go to book now online there is a notice about the Skyliner closure there was no such notification when I booked. I would not have known about closure if not for these boards. I have changed my dates as Skyliner was reason I booked this resort. In addition when I recently called to add a room request and asked for room near Skyliner the CM with guest services didnt even know about the Skyliner closure.

I booked Pop several months ago for last week of Jan and although if you go to book now online there is a notice about the Skyliner closure there was no such notification when I booked. I would not have known about closure if not for these boards. I have changed my dates as Skyliner was reason I booked this resort. In addition when I recently called to add a room request and asked for room near Skyliner the CM with guest services didnt even know about the Skyliner closure.
So you are saying that not only do they not notify guests, but it appears they don’t even proactively notify their own staff!

Isn't it 3 independent runs? Wonder why they don't finish one and then move on? 2 days for each would be easier for guests I would think.
Mainly because even though they are 3 independent runs they are linked at the transfer stations and at least for a couple of them you couldn't get anywhere if the other ones were not running! Also, it's probably a safety issue was 1 of the lines running in a station when work is going out on the other line in that station.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts