Skyliner Bar Crawl- But staying offsite?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
Adult-only trip coming up in a few weeks!!!! There will be 8 of us, and we are considering doing a skyliner bar crawl (resorts only, not Epcot or HS). The catch is we are staying offsite, so we need to hop on the skyliner at a resort. Do we need to have dining reservations to get into the resorts using an Uber? I know we can hop a bus at Disney Springs to one of the skyliner resorts, but we are looking for other options as well. I know they were being strict about not allowing resort hopping when everything reopened, but does anyone have more recent experience with this? Thanks!!

I don't know how anyone could do that as sometimes the SL gets backed up and it's slow moving regardless. So my question is what if you have to use the restroom? I can imagine being stuck in a gondola isn't ideal. lol

Disney suggests if only riding the Skyliner that you park at DHS.
LOL of course they do...then you have to pay. I'd just park at one of the resorts and tell them you're touring the resort and going for drinks....which you are. We leave our car at a resort when we take rides to all of the monorail resorts and get back off where we started.

LOL of course they do...then you have to pay. I'd just park at one of the resorts and tell them you're touring the resort and going for drinks....which you are. We leave our car at a resort when we take rides to all of the monorail resorts and get back off where we started.
They're pretty strict about that since the reopening in July. Last time I drove to a resort for dining, they scanned my magicband to confirm the reservation before they'd let us in to park. When we took an Uber to our hotel, they took my ID to confirm our room reservation.

I don't think you have to pay parking at DHS just to be dropped off by Uber. They have a specific area for rideshare pickup/dropoff.

Perhaps you could book a dining reservation somewhere to start off the evening. Or, you could just do the Disney Springs bus on the way in, then Uber home from a hotel. It's the coming in that's the issue, not the leaving :)

They're pretty strict about that since the reopening in July. Last time I drove to a resort for dining, they scanned my magicband to confirm the reservation before they'd let us in to park. When we took an Uber to our hotel, they took my ID to confirm our room reservation.

I don't think you have to pay parking at DHS just to be dropped off by Uber. They have a specific area for rideshare pickup/dropoff.

Perhaps you could book a dining reservation somewhere to start off the evening. Or, you could just do the Disney Springs bus on the way in, then Uber home from a hotel. It's the coming in that's the issue, not the leaving :)
I wasn't thinking about where he said the part about Uber. We were there a few weeks ago and had less trouble than we usually do pre-covid going to Tambu lounge just to grab dessert. We didn't have magic bands as we didn't do any Disney parks or anything, we were just taking a chance.

Off topic, but the idea of bar hopping and riding the Skyliner for me is just two things that don’t go together at all....... I can see myself vomiting on the Skyliner! 🤣

Adult-only trip coming up in a few weeks!!!! There will be 8 of us, and we are considering doing a skyliner bar crawl (resorts only, not Epcot or HS). The catch is we are staying offsite, so we need to hop on the skyliner at a resort. Do we need to have dining reservations to get into the resorts using an Uber? I know we can hop a bus at Disney Springs to one of the skyliner resorts, but we are looking for other options as well. I know they were being strict about not allowing resort hopping when everything reopened, but does anyone have more recent experience with this? Thanks!!

I recently took ubers to Riviera and Boardwalk several times and just said I was dining (which was true). No problems at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter