Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS good friend ate there today, had the falafel and said it was good. Said the restaurant is very cool.

DS heading down on Thursday hoping to get in.

Fingers crossed for me for January. I want that mug - I don't think I want the fish eggs on top. o_O

Right!?! Looks like fish eggs on top!

My guess is that it is some kind of slush (possibly alcoholic) drink with juice "balls" on top. I don't know the proper name for them but we have them at the local frozen yogurt shop in the add-ons section.

My guess is that it is some kind of slush (possibly alcoholic) drink with juice "balls" on top. I don't know the proper name for them but we have them at the local frozen yogurt shop in the add-ons section.

I get the slush part but the caviar looking stuff turns me off, doesn't help I'm not a fan of lime flavors and that's what it looks like. But I'm still getting it, without or maybe I'll trade them.

Yeah.. they're commonly found in frozen yogurt shops and have a bunch of different flavors. The green ones might be apple or mint. They actually are really cool. They burst in your mouth and have juice in them.

Did get a CM to say that they are opening mid-December today. Not terribly useful!

Well the mug looks good, not sure about the slushie. Two of my friends ate there today, they said the restaurant was awesome and a lot of work had obviously gone into the interior. One of them liked the food, the other one not at all, but he's more of a 'steak and potatoes' kind of guy.

Well the mug looks good, not sure about the slushie. Two of my friends ate there today, they said the restaurant was awesome and a lot of work had obviously gone into the interior. One of them liked the food, the other one not at all, but he's more of a 'steak and potatoes' kind of guy.

Does this mean soft opening is happening now?

Soft opening today was for CMs only. There is at least one other scheduled soft opening on Tuesday the 8th for dinner service... they sent out invitations to that one though. Not sure if you can walk up or if you have to have an invite, or if the walls will be down yet or not.

Agree, but a recent study on eating habbits, more and more Milennials identify as either vegetarian or vegan than older generations (Baby Boomer are like 1%, Gen Xers are around 4%, and Millenials are about 12%). This study was from Hartman in 2011. I remember seeing another study more recently where it looks as if the trend is increasing as more and more millenials gain financial independence from their parents. This study cited 14% as vegetarian.

So, although I don't think it would be an entirely meatless restaurant, they appear to be catering to the fastest growing trends of the Millenial Generation by offering more than the "veggie burger" or salad.
I'd love to see far more Vegan options not just vegetarian. I'm not one myself but I don't always want meat and with a friend that is Vegan I love seeing the really wonderful meals she has that these places could offer if they'd just take the time to work on the menu a bit more.

I think today was just Magic Kingdom cast, at least that's where my friends work. I don't know anyone who was invited on Tuesday, so not sure who that one is for. DH is in corporate so I don't see him getting an invitation anytime soon!

EWWWW!!!! What is in it?!?!?
I don't know the proper name for them but we have them at the local frozen yogurt shop in the add-ons section.

Popping Boba!

I'm guessing they're trying to go for something that looks alarming- that combination of flesh-pink slush with the bright green boba- to go with the theme. I have no idea what flavours those boba are, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're melon or apple flavoured instead of lime. Edited to add: Actually, thinking more on it, if I had to guess what flavours comprise that drink, I'd say probably strawberry (or strawberry-banana) slush with kiwi popping boba on top.

In any case, if you've never had popping boba, think of them like a really thin-skinned gusher candy. They're pretty good, so I'm really interested to try this drink.

Now if Skipper Canteen has bubble tea too, that will be something...

Last edited:
Popping Boba!

I'm guessing they're trying to go for something that looks alarming- that combination of flesh-pink slush with the bright green boba- to go with the theme. I have no idea what flavours those boba are, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're melon or apple flavoured instead of lime. Edited to add: Actually, thinking more on it, if I had to guess what flavours comprise that drink, I'd say probably strawberry (or strawberry-banana) slush with kiwi popping boba on top.

In any case, if you've never had popping boba, think of them like a really thin-skinned gusher candy. They're pretty good, so I'm really interested to try this drink.

Now if Skipper Canteen has bubble tea too, that will be something...
We have a Vietmenese tea shop that serves these along with the tapioca pearls. We really enjoy the popping ones in smoothies and slushes. I will definitely be trying this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter