Skipper Canteen info

From what i heard today from somebody who will be working there: no menu yet, they probably wont open til end of december, and both lunch and dinner are full table service.

So.. looking at the MVMCP map for 2015... under restaurants it doesn't have SC listed. Based on this, I'm assuming that SC isn't scheduled to open to the public until after the last MVMCP on December 18th? Total guess though...

So.. looking at the MVMCP map for 2015... under restaurants it doesn't have SC listed. Based on this, I'm assuming that SC isn't scheduled to open to the public until after the last MVMCP on December 18th? Total guess though...

I think all that tells us is that it isn't going to be open by the first party, and we already knew that. The party maps are most likely designed once, before the start of the event, and that design is used for the entire run. They aren't likely to change the map mid-way through the MVMCP season to reflect one new restaurant, nor are they likely to delay the opening just to avoid making a "liar" out of the map that doesn't show it.

I think all that tells us is that it isn't going to be open by the first party, and we already knew that. The party maps are most likely designed once, before the start of the event, and that design is used for the entire run. They aren't likely to change the map mid-way through the MVMCP season to reflect one new restaurant, nor are they likely to delay the opening just to avoid making a "liar" out of the map that doesn't show it.
The first MVMCP was last night. So, its definitely not open and isn't on the maps.

Brand new table service restaurant in MK ... so what's your price tolerance? $60 per person? more/less?

We're there end of February - at this point, I'd love a menu so I can tell whether or not I will even want a reservation. I'm traveling with a picky parent and pickier child! :)

It's November 8, 2015! Whether the opening date is end of November, beginning of December, or middle of December, I am shocked we don't have a menu yet. The powers that be are really keeping this one hush hush. We don't even know if it is QS and/or TS. Even this time prior to BOG opening, we at least knew that. Be prepared for a bum-rush of ressie-making or line-waiting. I'm frustrated for you end of 2015'ers and we don't even arrive until middle February. :headache:

My opinion on why there is nothing out on this location. It's still far from opening.
Above said staff is just now reporting.
With such an interactive staff it's going to take more than your avg training on menu and such. They'll have scripts, or loose scripts to learn too.
I do not believe they'll leak out info until closer to opening.
My gut tells me it will open in early 2016.
I do not believe they want to toss out a brand new dining location during their busiest season of the year
But that's all just my guess

Last edited:
I was just told by a CM in the BC IPO ( who has been helping me for over 13 years and with whom I have become very friendly) that they have no information regarding opening and they don't even know whether or not they will be able to make ADR's at opening-similar to when BOG opened- which translated to her that they are fairly far from opening. FWIW!

And I had just the opposite experience two days ago when I called Poly IPO to put in my reservation request for Skippers for our trip in April. While on the phone I mentioned how I would also be at Poly in January (not Club Level) so would be trying to get that ADR on my own if it's even open by then. She said, "it should be open next month!"
LOL!

The problem is, servers have already started. Those servers, who are used to making very good money in tips, are now making an hourly wage. This can only go on for so long before you have servers jumping ship to return to their old locations just to make real money again. Then you have to start training people all over again. They will want to open as soon as they can, I think it's more an issue of the location being ready than the team.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest