Skinny Cow? Love em or Leave em?

The_Alice

Xavier Atencio is my hero!
Hello all. We recently had an ice cream craving and so instead of caving completely I bought some of the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches for an occasional treat. Are they just junk and should be avoided as they don't help with dieting, or are they a good crave filler and okay occasionally? Inquiring minds want to know!

I think it depends on how determined of a dieter you are. I was doing WW and following the plan to a T and the skinny cow was amazing. It tasted delicious and it definitely satisfied that urge.

I have fallon off the WW wagon now, and I feel like I could eat 3 Skinny Cow I.C. sandwiches in a row. But, that's MY fault not theirs.

Does that makes sense?

I love them.... if I could only eat one! They are super expensive and rarely go on sale here. I have gone over to eating sorbet rather than a skinny cow. It's actually better for me and I feel more satisfied after I have a cup rather than a skinny cow. If I am going to splurge I would rather have some real ice cream in a smaller amount ;)

PS...the chocolate peanut butter round sandwiches are really good!

Thank you both so much. We got the mixed pack of vanilla and chocolate, and yes I restrained myself to one. I usually use it as a reward if my calories are way down (below 1200) and I need to bump them up, or if I had a really good work out and pushed through.

Good idea on the Sorbet too, I'll have to see if our Grocery has some.

LOVE the Skinny Cow! DD eats the ice cream cones, or sandwiches, but the fudge bars are my favorite! It definitely helps with cravings and isn't nearly as bad as eating the real thing. I heard BJs Warehouse has a large pack of them for less $, and Super Walmart is usually cheaper than the regular grocery store.

Love em:goodvibes I think they're better than WW ice cream products and they are just a bit less expensive. Been eating them for several years and lately discovered the truffle bars now that WW fudgicles are 3 points (however I'm going back to the old point system anyway), but I think the Skinny Cow products are better.:thumbsup2

Thanks all for the replies! I have occasionally treated myself after an intense workout, hey the body NEEDS carbs & protein after a workout due to glycogen loss right?:lmao:

I have really cut out a lot of fat. Now I am trying to weed out refined carbs, holy cow they are in EVERYTHING!

LOVE Skinny Cow, especially the Truffle Bars. I'm doing WW and love that their products are low point treats. Can't wait to try the new Cookies and Cream flavor (I gave up frozen treats for Lent). Another good product, although 3 WW+ points are the Breyers Smooth and Dreamy sandwiches, especially Chocolate Chip Cookiedough. Cheapest price I've found is at Target.

Also read that Skinny Cow is coming out with Chocolate Candy this summer.

I like SC a lot, but rarely buy them b/c even though they are not so bad for you, I am desperately trying to make snacks like that an occasional treat, not a several times a week indulgence.

Hellllloooo...love SC products but my problem is that I don't just have one! I think that when you're dieting its best to stay away from anything sweet until you get into the groove of the diet. Plus from personal experience I seem to lose weight faster when I avoid those. Like I said...can't just have one! lol!

Just chiming in to say..... No, they are not particularly "healthy" (artificial sweeteners and such), but YES, they are tasty! If you can limit yourself to just an occasional one, you should be okay.

If you want to make it seem like more, make a sundae with the IC sandwich.... cut it in half horizontally and top both halves with crushed fresh strawberries and a bit of Cool Whip Free (another NOT HEALTHY item, but okay occasionally). Voila.... you have a strawberry sundae!

Or take the SC individual ice cream cups, scoop into a dish and top with a squirt of caramel sauce or chocolate syrup, a bit of Cool Whip Free and rainbow sprinkles for an ice cream sundae! ......................P

I do love Skinny Cow, but they really are not good for you. I am trying to eliminate all artificial sweeteners and refined "food". We have a Dairy Queen nearby and a place that makes homemade ice cream every day, so when I have done well all week, I allow myself a small treat from one of these places.

It's all in moderation...a treat every once in a while won't kill you. And whether the treat is a low-fat ice cream sandwich (better calorie count, but more chemicals) or all natural high fat ice cream (terrible calorie count, but more natural) is up to you and your outlook.

@fashionista311, you are right when you say moderation. The problem is that moderation is a hard thing to determine. What is a "Moderate" amount of the product? What you might think is a moderate amount and what your BODY thinks is a moderate amount are 2 different things.

I think the best advice for anyone "Dieting" (and really step one is to stop calling it a diet and call it what it needs to be, a Life Style Change), is to eat REAL, single ingredient foods with minimal processing. Meat, Vegetables, Fruits, Eggs, WHOLE grains, etc... If you cannot pronounce the ingredient (easily) then it's probably not good for you.

Also be mindful of what has previously thought to be "Good" but may not be (White Flour?). Of course the reverse is true too. What once was thought bad is now good for you (eggs?).

When it comes to the "Ice Cream" dilemma, I opt for the FULL FAT - No Sugar added Ice cream. Why? Because I follow a Low Carb, High Protein/fat diet and have been successful with it. Even at that, this needs to be a very "Rare" special occasion.

Good luck to all in whatever efforts they are using to lose weight. (DW Uses WW and has been successful, but it doesn't work for me).

My go to treat is a Quest bar- they are delicious & full of protein. I love them frozen:)

Hello all. We recently had an ice cream craving and so instead of caving completely I bought some of the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches for an occasional treat. Are they just junk and should be avoided as they don't help with dieting, or are they a good crave filler and okay occasionally? Inquiring minds want to know!

In terms of them being healthy & your body reacting, they're not good.
Anything labelled "skinny, low fat, low carb, fat free" etc, has tons of added processed sugars hidden under other names. They help with controlling calories yes, but they aren't good for you at all.

My trick when it comes to craving/eating sweets or anything that might be junky is to not eat it in the house, don't buy more than 1 serving at a time. If i want ice cream, I'll go out to Marble slab or Dairy queen or wherever, and get the smallest size to satisfy my craving.

My trick when it comes to craving/eating sweets or anything that might be junky is to not eat it in the house, don't buy more than 1 serving at a time. If i want ice cream, I'll go out to Marble slab or Dairy queen or wherever, and get the smallest size to satisfy my craving.
DW and I did that today (of all days with temps in the NEGATIVES).

We went to a local place (the have their own cows and make it all the Ice Cream on premises.) We both got a "Sugar Free" moose tracks. Yummy too (especially for sugar free).

DW thought that others would think we were crazy getting Ice Cream on the coldest day of the season (so far) but there was actually a LINE). Guess we aren't the only crazy ones. :)

DW and I did that today (of all days with temps in the NEGATIVES).

We went to a local place (the have their own cows and make it all the Ice Cream on premises.) We both got a "Sugar Free" moose tracks. Yummy too (especially for sugar free).

DW thought that others would think we were crazy getting Ice Cream on the coldest day of the season (so far) but there was actually a LINE). Guess we aren't the only crazy ones. :)

Yay!! And hey, it's never too cold for ice cream!! how awesome that they have their own cows and everything, super great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter