Sister Wives

Just watched last weeks episode. I don't mind that Caleb asked permission to marry Madi as I thought that was sweet but the way Cody said "I'll transfer her to you" it felt like a business transaction. I also agree with Robyn that it is so weird that they don't push their son and his girlfriend but were so all over Madi and Caleb getting married. I haven't made it to the catfish part yet. Will come back after that.

Last edited:
I'm really thinking the whole show has jumped the shark, or catfish, or whatever you want to call it!!!! ;)

Just watched last weeks episode. I don't mind that Caleb asked permission to marry Madi as I thought that was sweet but the way Cody said "I'll transfer her to you" it felt like a business transaction. I also agree with Robyn that it is so weird that they don't push their son and his girlfriend but were so all over Madi and Caleb getting married. I haven't made it to the catfish part yet. Will come back after that.

Yeah, I felt like Cody took way too much pleasure in that whole process. It definitely had an "ick" quality to it for me.

And I thought it was odd that Robyn was asking so many questions instead of Janelle. She really seems to act like the Queen bee.

I'm really surprised all the teasing hasn't turned Maddie away. That could get out of hand really fast in a big family like that, especially one led by an immature kid like Cody.

Hmmmm, interesting.
I'm certainly not saying that Robyn had anything to do with the catfishing, but I am thinking that sometimes where there's smoke there's fire.
I am also thinking that if Robyn was ever asked about this on TV you can be sure that she would start crying buckets of tears........again, as usual :crazy2:
Sorry, I just can't stand it when she sobs at every little thing. GRRRRR

I follow Meri on twitter and it sounds like this may have gone further than catfishing. Supposably this person would call and say they knew exactly where Meri had been and where she was and also that she knew the password to the gate that keeps people out of their culdasac. I don't know who to believe but Meri says when she tried to "end it" or force a meeting that the person became stalkerish.

Whatever happened I feel bad for her as in interviews (at least for TLC) she kept acting like there was actually a man and the "catfish" was just his assistant. So she is either heavily coached by TLC or this was filmed before it was discovered. At the end of the day it is just terrible all around and I hope Meri does what is best for her as the family heals.

I follow Meri on twitter and it sounds like this may have gone further than catfishing. Supposably this person would call and say they knew exactly where Meri had been and where she was and also that she knew the password to the gate that keeps people out of their culdasac. I don't know who to believe but Meri says when she tried to "end it" or force a meeting that the person became stalkerish.

Whatever happened I feel bad for her as in interviews (at least for TLC) she kept acting like there was actually a man and the "catfish" was just his assistant. So she is either heavily coached by TLC or this was filmed before it was discovered. At the end of the day it is just terrible all around and I hope Meri does what is best for her as the family heals.
They have a gate? Interesting - they've never shown that on TV. :scratchin I've been to gated communities and would never want to live in one. The whole getting-in-and-out process is a big PITA.

They have a gate? Interesting - they've never shown that on TV. :scratchin I've been to gated communities and would never want to live in one. The whole getting-in-and-out process is a big PITA.

Somehow it seems fitting for Cody's Kingdom.

ON a recent episode they showed it, just a gate to their houses. I would think with their *celebrity* the gate would be necessary.

ON a recent episode they showed it, just a gate to their houses. I would think with their *celebrity* the gate would be necessary.

Yeah I imagine the gate is to keep curious people out. I also wonder if it was put in to make it harder for investigators to come by. I know Navada doesn't prosecute polygamists but I wonder if the Utah experience scared them a little.

I agree. Having curious "fans" driving through that cul-de-sac on a daily basis would not be a good situation, especially since they have so many young children.

When they went over to the neighbors to swim last season or two seasons ago, they showed more of the neighbor. Each spoke off the main road had a culdusac off either side and they were all gated.

It isn't uncommon in many areas of the country to have gated communities or streets. I wouldn't necessary they put one up for the a Brown family specifically, rather the Browns built into a gated community.

Yeah I imagine the gate is to keep curious people out. I also wonder if it was put in to make it harder for investigators to come by. I know Navada doesn't prosecute polygamists but I wonder if the Utah experience scared them a little.
Given that they've been "out" for years, what on earth could be left to investigate? They may have skeletons but not relating to whether or not they're polygamists.

I just saw the promo for tonight's show. Did Meri just comment on how lonely she is and how she just wanted someone to talk to?

Do they not see what an indictment of polygamy that is?

I don't see how it's an indictment of "polygamy" any more than a 40% divorce rate is an indictment of monogamy or traditional marriage. And even outside of that 40%, there are plenty of still-married people who are miserable or lonely or have had to deal with infidelity. If you look at TV families, I see the Browns as far more normal in general than the brainwashed Duggar cult. I find their views on (monogamous) marriage to be scarier than the Brown's type of polygamy.

When they went over to the neighbors to swim last season or two seasons ago, they showed more of the neighbor. Each spoke off the main road had a culdusac off either side and they were all gated.

It isn't uncommon in many areas of the country to have gated communities or streets. I wouldn't necessary they put one up for the a Brown family specifically, rather the Browns built into a gated community.

A gated community isn't uncommon but when it was shown in an episode it looked like there was an extra gate around their culdasac. Still not too uncommon but made me wonder why. I think the safety of the kids is probably the biggest reason.

Given that they've been "out" for years, what on earth could be left to investigate? They may have skeletons but not relating to whether or not they're polygamists.

For investigating Inmeant anything. I'm sure there are people out there who would love to take the Browns doen so would hire private inevstigators to catch them in something like Meri's scandal or Kody cheating or one of the kids doing something wrong. I didn't mean just poligamy but I'm sure the Utah experience of having police stationed outside their house didn't help their emotional stability.

I don't see how it's an indictment of "polygamy" any more than a 40% divorce rate is an indictment of monogamy or traditional marriage. And even outside of that 40%, there are plenty of still-married people who are miserable or lonely or have had to deal with infidelity. If you look at TV families, I see the Browns as far more normal in general than the brainwashed Duggar cult. I find their views on (monogamous) marriage to be scarier than the Brown's type of polygamy.

My point is that your odds of feeling lonely when your kids leave the nest would be greater if you are only getting 25% of your husband's time and emotional energy. I would imagine that to be a time in life where a husband and wife reach out and rely on each other to fill the void. Hard to do when he's off with the other wives so much of the time.

I think it's just too hard for one person to successfully support that many people all at once, whether your last name is Brown, Duggar, or anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter