Single Rider

Claire-Bear

DIS Veteran
Hi All

I was wondering during if there's a way to know how long (in minutes) the single rider queue is for Smuggler's Run? Is there a way of working it out? Or how long on average it takes?

DH will likely single rider this ride as it'll be too much for our girls.

I just did Smuggler's Run last week. We were in the Falcon within 5 minutes and this was during spring break and this ride was 90 minute wait. However, I hope your DH doesn't mind being the Engineer.

Sometimes when the standby line is over 60 minutes groups and families hit the single rider line bumping it up to 30 minutes and more. I've waited in the single rider for 5 minutes (like Erzangel) and for 40 minutes. I haven't yet found a way to work out the average.

You will always be the Engineer - that much I have worked out.

DW doesn't like the jarring movement of MFSR, so I'm usually doing single rider for it.

A little bit after you've started going down the single rider line for MFSR, it splits in 2 different directions, with one of them being a slight jog and then continuing straight, and the other being nearly a U-turn. I think that the U-turn side of the single rider is typically faster than the straight forward side of single rider because fewer people choose it, and it isn't super obvious that you can do a U-turn.

And when you're finished, it is a shorter walk to the exit if you choose the U-turn side, and therefore quicker if you want to do it again. Sometimes the CMs get a smile and chuckle when they see me in SR line again. :)

Usually I'm on the Falcon within just a few minutes. I think that the longest I've waited is about 15 minutes.

But yes, you are usually the engineer, and every once in a while you're a gunner. You'll only be a pilot if those you're being grouped with don't want to be a pilot; I've only had that happen once.

No, but it’s usually very fast. Today the posted wait time was over an hour, and I took the left stairs up and was the only person waiting in the single rider line. I hit a few even numbered groups, then got placed as a gunner between a group of 3 and a group of 2. My experience with single rider has always been at most 10 min wait and the best part is that it’s a lovely air conditioned wait.

Lovely thank you. I've warned DH he will be an engineer! In the single rider queue does he still get to see the lounge part with the "chess" board? If yes can you take photos there?

DW doesn't like the jarring movement of MFSR, so I'm usually doing single rider for it.

A little bit after you've started going down the single rider line for MFSR, it splits in 2 different directions, with one of them being a slight jog and then continuing straight, and the other being nearly a U-turn. I think that the U-turn side of the single rider is typically faster than the straight forward side of single rider because fewer people choose it, and it isn't super obvious that you can do a U-turn.

And when you're finished, it is a shorter walk to the exit if you choose the U-turn side, and therefore quicker if you want to do it again. Sometimes the CMs get a smile and chuckle when they see me in SR line again. :)

Usually I'm on the Falcon within just a few minutes. I think that the longest I've waited is about 15 minutes.

But yes, you are usually the engineer, and every once in a while you're a gunner. You'll only be a pilot if those you're being grouped with don't want to be a pilot; I've only had that happen once.
Is the U-turn to the left?

Hi All

I was wondering during if there's a way to know how long (in minutes) the single rider queue is for Smuggler's Run? Is there a way of working it out? Or how long on average it takes?

DH will likely single rider this ride as it'll be too much for our girls.
No real way of knowing. It all depends on how many odd number riders there are. Generally it is shorter than Standby, but not always. Similar to Everest and RnRC.

You will always be the Engineer - that much I have worked out.

Not always. Last time I did single rider the CM asked me if I wanted a particular position in the Falcon, but most times yes; engineer.

we rode multiple times in a row, as single riders, on our last trip in Oct. As with any attraction that gets busier as the day goes on, the SR lines can also back up some. Our first rides, walked almost right up to loading, about an hour later, were behind about 20 or more folks. Also depends on if they're calling for parties of certain sizes. As the day went on, the CM loading was more proactively looking for groups of certain sizes to fill the seats. We try to ride at least once as a family, so some of us can hopefully be pilots, then SR is good. I have almost always been engineer, but there's a chance you might get gunner. Once or twice ended up as a pilot, but definitely don't count of that. it's mostly engineer.

Mother's Day morning I walked right to the front of the single rider line & probably waited 5-10 minutes for a space to come in the line. I think it helped another single rider eventually came along so then there were 2 of us to be seated. It was shortly after opening so I think the standby was 20-30 minutes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter