Silly vent...

DisneyLovingMama

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=teal>I'll be your E
Silly vent - I'm no longer annoyed, just amused.

Called Disney yesterday to inquire about my reservation. They've had problems changing my address on my ressie, as I moved since the last time I visited the mouse. As she was going through who would be coming on the trip, the CM forgot to mention DH.

I said, "Don't forget DH." She laughingly said, "How could I? He's the one that'll be paying!" What??? I just thought that was so presumptuous. Perhaps it's the norm, but in our family, we make equal amounts of money and it truly is "our" money. If fact, if it wasn't for me, WDW would get NONE of our money and we'd be going to Aruba on vacation. I corrected her, which made her feel kind of silly, but I couldn't believe that in this P.C. world we live in, a Disney CM would even say that. :rolleyes:

Have you had similar experiences with "over-friendly" CMs?

It sounds like one of those "open mouth, insert foot" moments I have myself from time to time! LOL! I'm glad you have a sense of humor about it, though.

Lori

I really don't blame you, as a stay at home Mom I don't make any real money but my husband and I both feel that it is ours. We share all decisions ( even though he never wants to know what I spend on trips). I do all the bills and the financials in our household, hubby has no idea where the check book even is! I would just laugh it off too but I think I would have been quitely offended. ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

wvjules said:
was the name on the credit card that paid the deposit his and not yours?
Nope. I used my debit/check card when I made and paid for the reservations.

isyt said:
I do all the bills and the financials in our household, hubby has no idea where the check book even is!
Same here. He's the one asking me for an allowance, and quite happy about it. :teeth:

I was kind of offended at first, but realized it was "open mouth/insert foot" and she was just trying to make conversation. Lord know, I've done it enough. Plus, it wasn't as bad as the CM who had me on the phone for 20 minutes detailing her milk and soy allergies (and symptoms) while I was making PS arrangements. Ew. :confused3

You just have to laugh and smile. :teeth: As the "bread winner" in our house, DH is a stay at home dad and I am a teacher, we get this often from people who do not know us. People say, should we ask your husband... etc. Its funny, but as we live in 2005 now, many people have different lifestyles, and they shouldn't assume. thanks for making me smile today :flower: with your story. Sorry if it offended you. Have a good day.

I had to laugh when I read your post. We bought a new car a couple weeks ago and when we were doing the paperwork the financial guy (who had the personality of a lemon) handed my husband the pen for a signature and said, "Here, I assume you're the one who makes the most money" (not sure what that had to do with it!) and I soooo wanted to tell him that he was making a stupid (and WRONG) assumption but I kept my mouth shut out of respect for my hubby; we don't care who makes the most money and we both are irked by the assumption that it must be the guy! Hubby did speak up and straightened him out.

And this reminds me of when my father-in-law is on the phone and he says "can I speak to the boss of the house" and I just reply "you're speaking to her". :banana:

This happens ALL THE TIME with us. We're both retired and our money goes into a joint checking account but I'm the bill payer, vacation maker, etc. but everytime we eat out, buy something at a store, etc. and we use CC or debit cards, no matter who's name is on the card, they always hand it to my DH. He, in turn, always gives it to me and says "she's the one who handles the finances :listen: ". In this day and age, you would think they would just put it in the middle of both of you and let you decide who should sign it.

I think you are overreacting to her attempt to be humorous. I would have just laughed.

Nolcrest said:
And this reminds me of when my father-in-law is on the phone and he says "can I speak to the boss of the house" and I just reply "you're speaking to her". :banana:

I do that to my FiL all the time - he hates it!! DH just laughs and laughs.

cdrn1 said:
I kept my mouth shut out of respect for my hubby;
I would not have said anything if DH was there either. In fact, we both would have laughed about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter