Signature Dining - Timing Question

eliezra

Mouseketeer
We are considering deluxe dining at the end of October with two adults and 2 kids (ages 6 and 7). Do the meals take longer than a regular restaurant with an appetizer, entree and dessert?

On average how long does a signature and non-signature meal take? I would love to hear any recommendations!

Well-a lot depends on what you order and if you want a more leisurely meal. We always eat at Signature restaurants. We get drinks to start, then order our appetizer, then our dinner, then our dessert. That way we enjoy the meal and don't get the bums rush. Those meals are almost always at least 2 hours long, give or take.

If you order less and all at once, then you'll be done a lot faster.

Hope this helps, but it really is a "that depends" sort of question.

I would agree with Uncleromulus and say about two hours. It's usually a little less time with me, but I'm always solo.

When ordering all three courses I normally allow for 1.5 to 2 hours per meal, unless I choose to space out the meal more I don't find that ordering the same number of courses changes the timing much between signature and non-signature places except Bistro which I always expect to be at least 2 hours most of the time we are there about 2.5 hours because of there little touches.

I'll agree with Uncle. The meals at Signature's are generally "paced" a bit slower, at least it seems that way to me. If you think 2 hours are going to be too long for your family, you can mention to your server that you'd prefer a faster pace. They will do everything they can to speed it up.

That's true. If you are in a hurry for any particular reason, just let them know.

That's true. If you are in a hurry for any particular reason, just let them know.

This.

We have 4 children and eat at signatures a lot. We always tell the server to speed things up as much as possible. Never an issue, and with the kids, it has never been 2 hours.....but over an hour for sure.

We're always in and out in 1.5 hours but we don't linger since we have DD7. We're fast eaters too ;) We mostly eat at signature restaurants and we always do the DDXP. :love:

Truthfully, and this only my opinion, if getting in and out fast is a priority for you, maybe that's not the best time for a signature? I know that for some, especially if you're on the DxDP, prices are not that much of a consideration, but if I'm going to pay that kind of money for a meal I want it to play out as its intended and, in my experience both inside and outside of Disneyworld, that means a leisurely meal with plenty of time to sit back and really enjoy it.

We are considering deluxe dining at the end of October with two adults and 2 kids (ages 6 and 7). Do the meals take longer than a regular restaurant with an appetizer, entree and dessert?

On average how long does a signature and non-signature meal take? I would love to hear any recommendations!

We've done the DxDP 3 times with kids. I would say Signatures take about 2 hours, from check-in to walking out. Regular TS restaurants take approximately 1.5 hours from check-in to walking out. Some meals have taken longer, due to wait times for tables (Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, and HBD come to mind).

For us, the 1.5-2 hour meal time is not a deterrent. I find the stimulation of an entire day at the theme park to be a lot. It's nice to take some time to sit down and eat a nice meal. Also, we eat out with our kids every Saturday and Sunday, and those meals are usually around 1.5 hours. We always order apps, entrees and will let the kids order dessert if they have sat down nicely the entire meal, so it's not like we are asking something highly unusual of them when at WDW.

I do feel like there is a little difference in the length of meal between signatures and regular TS. However, it is not that big of a difference. Depending on the actual restaurant (buffet, a la carte, etc.), TS tend to last 1.5 hours give or take. The signatures tend to last about 2 hours.

have done both DDP and DXDDP many, many times.

Average regular restaurant, on DDP= 45 to 60 min.
Average regular restaurant on DxDDP= 60-75 min.

Average signature restaurant on DDP = 60-75 min.
Average signature restaurant on DxDDP=90-120 min.

Now, another factor...what time you're eating. When we eat early at signatures, we're usually through much faster than the later seatings. At 5:30, even with apps, entrees & dessert we're usually done in 90 minutes tops. At 7:30, it's closer to the 2 hour version, probably because the restaurant is full at that point.

The same holds true at non-signature restaurants: if you're eating at the beginning or the end of the meal-time, you'll get through faster.

So if keeping the meals as short as possible is your hope, schedule early or very late lunches...or early dinners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter