Side affect of losing weight? Ehnanced Libido.

Hercules10

Al Bundy WannaBe
Goofy question. When we booked our December cruise I went on a diet and excercise program. Now I'm 45lbs lighter and I've noticed (wife has noticed too!) that my sex drive is in over-drive! :eek: I'm thinking it's the combination of high protein and multi-vitamins.

I just can't get enough and the wife is considering sleeping with barb wire around the vital parts to thwart those early a.m morning attacks.

Is this a common side effect to weight loss? Any other guys (or gals) notice this after losing weight?

You must be my husband's twin! I never post about this particular "side effect" of our weight loss but I can definitely relate. Let's just say, DH is very very affectionate these past few months after losing 70 pounds. I've lost 84 but don't quite share his enthusiasm. I think he feels like he's married to a different woman. I often want to ask him if he feels like he's cheating on his "real" wife with me! Ha! :teeth:

Congrats on your weight loss and my condolenses to your wife!!!! :p

I think some of it may have to do with raised self-confidence...from the weight lose. I know when I lose pounds and feel better about my self..being with DH is much more appealing.

When I get my weight down to where I am more comfortable in my own skin, I definitely have an increased libido!:Pinkbounc It has everything to do with being more comfortable with myself and thus sharing/opening up more with my husband.

Congratulations on your weight loss and I hope your wife will start to view it as a benefit!!:tongue:

The "more comfy with myself" reasoning I THINK is more of a woman's reaction. The only reason I say this is that I can get "turned on" when there's a stiff wind a blowin'. :confused3

I was also reading how a high fiber (soluable fiber that is) can increase the sex drive. My diet has also increased fiber intake. So maybe that's it.

I definately have the more comfortable with myself reaction with dh. Frankly, Dh also is more attracted. I also find that increased exercise + less weight = more energy. That in itself makes a difference.

Well, modesty and discretion prevent me from saying much on the subject, but I can tell you this much:

1. Woo
Also, 2. Hoo

:blush:

Yup, its a deinfite side effect. You feel better, have more energy and more stamina. All of these can add up to some very interesting evenings. ;) :smooth:

I read a lot of fitness magazines and all of them basically say the same thing.

Exercise alone can increase your sex drive. Now that you are adding a healthy diet and weight loss to top everyting off. Heck yeah ::yes:: it could send a lot of things into over drive. You are increasing your hormones, energy, muscles, and appetite when you exercise. So it's natural to have your sex drive go into overload.

Have fun!!!

Originally posted by thotfulspot
Well, modesty and discretion prevent me from saying much on the subject, but I can tell you this much:

1. Woo
Also, 2. Hoo

:blush:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Debbie:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter