• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

shuttle at the radisson

bama-mom

640 miles from the Mouse
Booked our pre-cruise night room last night, but forgot to ask about the shuttle. What time does it start running each day, do I need to call and set up a time (seems I remember reading that on one of the hotel sites I was looking at)??? Will our car be safer at hotel vs. port or vice versa?

Please share your shuttle experiences :) I really would rather park at the port, we just like having our own car (we are driving down). Would love to just get in our car and leave when we get off the ship instead of waiting for shuttles. But love the thought of saving an extra 60 bucks!

Just 34 more days!:dance3:

Booked our pre-cruise night room last night, but forgot to ask about the shuttle. What time does it start running each day, do I need to call and set up a time (seems I remember reading that on one of the hotel sites I was looking at)??? Will our car be safer at hotel vs. port or vice versa?

Please share your shuttle experiences :) I really would rather park at the port, we just like having our own car (we are driving down). Would love to just get in our car and leave when we get off the ship instead of waiting for shuttles. But love the thought of saving an extra 60 bucks!

Just 34 more days!:dance3:

The shuttle starts at 10:00am for those going to the port from the Radisson. We have parked at the Radisson many times and never had a problem leaving our car there.

Yes, you need to call the Radisson at the port directly to schedule your shuttle time. Here is the # to call 321-784-0000

Have a MAGICal and WONDERful cruise!!!

The shuttle from the Radisson to the port runs every 30 minutes starting at 10:00. You DO need shuttle reservations, so call them now and get on the first available for your family size. On the way home (after the cruise) they usually have 2 shuttles which make continuous loops till all cruise passengers are picked up. We had a wait of less than 10 minutes. There is a "cruise parking lot" behind the Radisson with signs to direct you. They will ask that you drop your luggage up front for the shuttle and take the car to the cruise lot. On the way back, the shuttle driver took us all the way to our car.

My logic was that the cost of our overnight was about the same as parking for a 7 night cruise would have been.

Bruce was on one of the same cruises we were, and reported a horrible experience with the Radisson shuttle. All I can answer to that is that we had a good experience in both directions.

We left our car at the Raddisson and felt it was secure. We forgot to make a reservation on the shuttle so when we checked in, we found out we wouldn't be able to take their shuttle until 1:30 or so. We wanted to get there earlier so arranged a van ride that we paid for. The company was suggested by the desk staff at the Raddison and I don't remember it being too expensive. We got to walk right by all the people trying to load on to the Radisson shuttle and get to the port very quickly. We saved the card with the phone number for when we got back, but eneded up being able to catch the Radisson shuttle with no problem.
So my point is:-)....make your reservation on the shuttle as soon as you can.

We did the Radisson shuttle going to the port- but on the way back- we took a cab- it wasn't expensive and we just wanted to get our car. :goodvibes It did seem alot quicker- we didn't have to wait for our luggage or anything.

We stayed at the Radisson in May & took the shuttle - we had called ahead of time to reserve a spot on the 10:00 shuttle, which was the first one. There were a lot of people waiting around, so it was good to have the reservation.

We left a rental car in the cruise lot (which is just kind of around the side in the back) and had no issue with safety - it was just as we left it when we returned. DH went and parked the car back there after we unloaded our luggage at the front, and then he walked back up- prob about 3-5 min walk.

After the cruise, the shuttle got there in a reasonable amount of time (i can't remember, so it couldn't have been too long), and it dropped eveyone off back in the cruise lot - it was very easy! totally worth saving $60 (the DCL parking charge) if you are already staying at the Radisson anyhow. Although, we did tip the shuttle driver both ways, so that brings the $60 savings down some.

We would definitely use the Radisson shuttle again!

Did this twice. First time - no problems. Second time - Won't do it anymore.

See my post starting at #8. I never received an explanation or anything from them after my complaints. Needless to say, they lost a customer for life and (as you can see) I still spread the word around about what happened. Mind you, this is not punishment, it is just to allow others to know what might happen if you decide to rely on the Radisson shuttle.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2278881&highlight=radisson

We did it in August. I called about 10 days before our cruise and booked the 10AM shuttle. When we checked in we attempted to confirm that 10AM shuttle reservation, but they didn't have it. Luckily we were able to get on the 10:30 (although I would have preferred 10. It was generally a hassle (I just don't like dealing with packed shuttles) and next time we'll stay somewhere else and park at the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter