• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHULA'S STEAKHOUSE; above & beyond...

MickeyMark9

Yo Ho Ho Ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!
My fiance and I went to Shula's in Oct. thinking it was on the DDP. Of course, we found out after already ordering a couple of glasses of wine that it was not on the DDP. The waiter was very kind and said he would send the manager over to talk with us. He was great! He didn't make us feel dumb, and said that it actually happens more often than you would think. We told him we weren't prepared to pay cash (since we wanted to use our DDP points). He completely understood, and he asked us if we'd like it if he reserved a table for us in the bar section for us to finish our wine. We said sure, that would be great. He then told us to pick an appetizer off the menu because we must be hungry and "you can't drink wine on an empty stomach." Five minutes later, we had this gigantic shrimp appetizer brought over by the mgr., personally...on the house!! We could not have been more impressed with the way they handled our blunder!! Even as we were finishing up our wine, he came over again to check on us and make sure we enjoyed our appetizer...Keep in mind, relatively speaking, we spent NO money there! Just thought I'd share that. By the way the steaks looked unbelievable and the atmosphere was great!

Mark :thumbsup2

Excellent service ~ With the size of the portions at Shulas, An Appetiser would be plenty.

Very nice to hear they were so accommodating! Shula's serves the best steaks and lobster on WDW property. No other steakhouse compares. And, we love the barbeque shrimp appetizer.

Wow, I'm impressed! That is great customer service!

Thanks, trying to decide where to dine. My husband and I are going alone in March and will have 5 nights. We have eaten at the Yachtsman before and are trying to pick another steak place for this trip. Any other suggestions for other types of fien dining are welcome.

I have eaten at Shula's and I agree, the food is awesome! The portions of EVERYTHING are HUGE (to say the least) and in addition it is very pricey! Service is really excellent. The one 'con' I have, is that they charged us $2 for an additional plate because we were sharing something. This bugged me because with 6 of us eating dinner/drinking wine, the tab was somewhere around/over $600. It seems to me that when charging $40 for a steak and $7 for a humongeous baked potato, and appetizers about $15 each, it is tacky to add on the add'l $2.00, I would have rather had them charge it on the entree price!. I know this is picky but it did bug me! Food though was really incredible. Yes, I would go back.

My fiance and I went to Shula's in Oct. thinking it was on the DDP. Of course, we found out after already ordering a couple of glasses of wine that it was not on the DDP. The waiter was very kind and said he would send the manager over to talk with us. He was great! He didn't make us feel dumb, and said that it actually happens more often than you would think. We told him we weren't prepared to pay cash (since we wanted to use our DDP points). He completely understood, and he asked us if we'd like it if he reserved a table for us in the bar section for us to finish our wine. We said sure, that would be great. He then told us to pick an appetizer off the menu because we must be hungry and "you can't drink wine on an empty stomach." Five minutes later, we had this gigantic shrimp appetizer brought over by the mgr., personally...on the house!! We could not have been more impressed with the way they handled our blunder!! Even as we were finishing up our wine, he came over again to check on us and make sure we enjoyed our appetizer...Keep in mind, relatively speaking, we spent NO money there! Just thought I'd share that. By the way the steaks looked unbelievable and the atmosphere was great!

Mark :thumbsup2
That's awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter