• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shring on Dining Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps instilled values. Waste not, want not. I was raised not to be wasteful and I run a very frugal and tight ship at my house so how could I not feel bad about something like? I don't think starving kids in foreign countries could have had my food, but I don't think we should discount the fact that there are so many people who are worse off than we are. I'm not a martyr. I don't really think that by not wasting food, I'm doing something good for those people. I just don't think that being wasteful is necessary. It's a flippant attitude with no regard that that fills our landfills not just with food but with all of the other stuff people think nothing of wasting. Why would anyone want to be wasteful? Maybe someone can explain that. I don't think it's about half a chicken breast. I'm thinking more like half an entire meal or even an entire meal if my kids both ordered their own meals. Why? Why should I feel okay about that vacation or otherwise?

This I'm really surprised at!!! It is pretty common practise to split entrees where I'm from. You tell the waiter you are planning to split & he brings an extra plate; some restaurants will split before they serve you; & some might charge an extra $1 or $2 for the split but it certainly has never been an issue.

I just so totally do not understand why splitting an entree is considered cheap or tacky! If my family pre-pays for 5 child TS credits & 15 adult TS credits, how is it "cheap" to spread them out over an additional day or meal?

This is another very valid point. We are doing a two credit TS meal which means we will have one night without a pre-paid meal....why can we not spread our remaining credits out?

If we were paying OOP, does it change people's opinion of this practise? If you saw a family of four splitting two appetizers, one child's meal, two adult meals, three desserts & four drinks at a restaurant, and they were paying cash for the bill, would you really think that this is strange?

Very interesting thread!! Thanks for all your thoughts on the subject.

Yes, I'd think it was strange if people were sharing entrees without getting their own. People paying OOP are paying much more of their fare share than the DDP folks, so I can see that the rules should be different from them.

They are already excluding some of the larger CS meals from DDP. THank goodness! Now those of us who pay OOP won't be so ripped off.

I think Disney wants you to PAY OOP some nights so you can squirrel away the credits for two credit nights.

Yes, I'd think it was strange if people were sharing entrees without getting their own. People paying OOP are paying much more of their fare share than the DDP folks, so I can see that the rules should be different from them.

They are already excluding some of the larger CS meals from DDP. THank goodness! Now those of us who pay OOP won't be so ripped off.

I think Disney wants you to PAY OOP some nights so you can squirrel away the credits for two credit nights.

Of course they do;)

When people talk about how distressed they are about "wasting food" at WDW, what exactly is the issue? Why does this bother you so badly? Is it because you think starving children could have eaten it? I totally understand trying to eschew conspicuous consumption and trying to live a responsible and conscientious lifestyle, but seriously... people are THIS distraught over tossing half a chicken breast? ... I just don't buy it.

Can someone please tell me the rationale behind the angst?

I can try to explain it to you, but I'm not sure that you'd understand.
It's the way I was raised. I was raised by a single mother working two jobs, while we always had food, we would never think of wasting anything. I am not going to try to tell anyone how they eat or why they do what they do is wrong, but for me and my family this is how it is.
I am not looking for any way to try to "work the plan" to try to bankrupt Disney or get more from the plan than is deserved. The DDP is wonderful for some people, not so much for others. I think we can all pretty much agree that the point of this thread is to determine what the policy on sharing is for the DDP. It's not a discussion of whether or not sharing food is strange, or if wasting food is wrong.
As I have stated before I am simply trying to see if this plan works best for our family.

People paying OOP are paying much more of their fare share than the DDP folks, so I can see that the rules should be different from them.

With all due respect Jodifla, I doubt that you would be paying more than I for your meals....I'm paying three adults & one child for ten days at DW....more than $1500 for meals over a ten day period!!! I can not even imagine why YOUR family would be feeling "ripped off", regardless of what my family might be ordering!!!!

This thread is now locked. The original question has been answered. If and when Disney formally updates their documentation on the DDP, this issue can be revisited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter