Shrek sized feet on women

Both myself and my daughter (2) have to have custom made shoes, if you decide to go that route I can reccomend someone fantastic.

Cruise - have you tried on any Keens? I am a VERY huge Keen freak for comfort and being rEALLY good for my VERY bad back problem...but another plus is the shoes is pretty wide. I too wear a 10 but when I try to get wides they end up too long or weird int he heel area....

These are my current favortie "dress" Keens - granted they arent too dressy but work with a skirt/summer dress and , well, are a bit dressier than Crocs!:lmao: :goodvibes

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/23339024.html

Good luck - there's hope for us Shrek footed women!;)

I"m with va-bear...Zappos has been a Godsend! I not only have large (giant) feet...11 or 12, but I'm also 6ft tall, which means crappy shoes = horrible back pain.

I buy everything from Zappos...you can search width, size, color, whatever...free shipping (both ways if you don't like them!) and they are usually on my door step the next day. I LOVE THEM!

Now if they only sold clothing!

By the way, I recently discovered Saucony shoes....they have transformed my back from agonized to no problem at ALL in just a few weeks...I'll never be without them again! :upsidedow

Wow... thanks for all the suggestions!

I'm going to spend some time on the web today and check out all these sites.

As a side note, I went out today and wandered by a Crocs store. I usually wear the Cayman style which is notoriously the most forgiving for wide feet and I've been really reluctant to order any of their other more feminine looking shoes online without trying them on. So, into the store I went and discovered that the Mary Janes and Prima don't work for me, but the Malindi wasn't bad! They also seem to run true to size which has always been hard for me to figure out since Crocs started out with weird sizing.

Thanks again, everyone!

I have to buy my shoes from the Drag Queen side of the store, and I've had great luck at Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack.

:lmao:

Have you tried sketchers? I wear a 10W in everyone else and a regular 11 in their shoes. They have all kinds of cute styles. The ballet shaped slip on sneaker/slide has a nice wide toe, my big toe always got squashed before.

My feet are so wide I call them "Frodo" feet. (as in the hobbit from Lord of the Rings) And my family and friends all laugh becuz I have this "special" talent of of spreading my toes wide apart. I'm used to it by now and even join them in laughing about them. But I would like to wear a pair of sexy sandals or high heels sometime! And I too, like others here, can not usually fit into the wide sizes on the shelves. It's rare when I do find a pair and then I wear them until the soles fall off! I just got a pair of Naturalizers....very comfy. I also own a couple of pairs of KEEN sandals...they have a bit of an arch in the foot that helps me out too. BORN shoes come in wider sizes too and are a great shoe.

You are not alone I have huge feet too!!! Size 10 and I am 5'2!!!!

OMG and I was feeling sad for going from 7W to 8W* after pregnancy...and I'm 5'3". :hug: :hug: :hug: to you!

(* I know that's not a big foot, that's why I didn't join in the thread with anything but the shoebuy suggestion, but I had to give :hug: and that required me to mention my foot size)

Wide feet here too!!!! I went from an 8W to 9W after pregnancy!!!
anyway, I swear by Naot.........super comfy
they aren't cheap but they wear well and last.
http://www.naot.com/

Check out the Roaman's/Lane Bryant/Woman Within catalogs. They mostly sell plus sized clothes, but they also have a pretty good shoe selection and they're almost all available in wide widths.

Also, if you ever make it up to Vegas, there's a shoe store behind the Hard Rock Hotel that sells nothing but wide width shoes. I got a pair of killer heels there!

I have found shoes . com is a good place. I also found that when I had access to double-wide shoes, my actual shoe size went down 1/2 a size!

I have large wide feet too. I wear a 12 wide in women's. I always end up with mens tennis shoes. For dress shoes, I've had luck at Torrid. it's a plus size store but they have have awesome wide width large shoes. My oldest daughter (20) wears an 11 W and my middle daughter (14) is a regular 11. My 12 year old wears a women's 8 already. for sandals i just splurged and bought some chacos. can't wait for warmer weather to break them in. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter