Show me your towel animals!

On Mother's Day last year, I got towel animals in the shape of a Momma bird with two babies in a nest that was decorated with silk flowers. It was soooo cute. We were at POFQ, and got animals every day.

I think it all depends on the Mousekeeper.

I know other people that were at POFQ at the same time in a different bldg and didn't get any.

Sadly, I have no pictures. I brought them home to show the kids (they weren't with us on that trip), and then, they got misplaced in a move we made this past August.

Looking forward to many more towel animals in October!:goodvibes

Here's mine from the Caribbean Beach (January 2098) . . .

Oh, and I called the hotel lobby to ask if I could buy my little towel bunny and after asking around, she came back on the phone laughing and said, "We don't know what to charge you. I don't think we have ever had anyone ask to buy one. They just usually take them"! She gave me my little bunny at no charge (hey, at least I asked, 'ya know?). :love:

NightStand.jpg

I also would love to learn how to make towel animals. Would be nice if we got one on our upcoming trip.

Forgive me for the silly question but, what do you with a towel animal once you've got one?

Do you keep it? Use it? If you leave them in the room will they make more?

I'm new to all this so that's why I'm asking. :confused3 Thanks to anyone who reponds.

I'm hoping my GF gets a few when we go in April. :thumbsup2

You're allowed to take your towel animals home. The towel animals are all made with old towels that aren't going to be used anymore.

I went to POFQ last year and every night we got a new towel animal. We got a bunny, a dog (who resembled pluto), a mickey mouse, a bird, and on our last day they added two baby birds. It was so cute. I am not sure if we have any pictures though, I will have to look them up. Keep them coming I love to see what the mousekeepers can do.

Even the mousekeepers make the magic at Disney. :goodvibes

I don't have any pictures, but on our last trip (Sept 06, stayed at Pop) we got a teddy bear and 2 small dogs. My DDs loved them (so did I). :)
One day when we came back to our room the towel animals and my DDs stuffed animals were all in the window looking out, like they were waiting for us to come home! And one day my DDs book was open on her bed, her stuffed leopard had his paws on it and the other animals were arranged in a half circle in front of him, it looked like the leopard was reading to the other animals! :lmao:
I left mousekeeping a thank you note and a nice tip!

You're allowed to take your towel animals home. The towel animals are all made with old towels that aren't going to be used anymore.
That's great. I didn't know that. I'll probably never see another towel animal now.

We had these at ASMu.

WDW2006022.jpg

I think it's just luck on whether you get towel animals or not. Last year at POFQ we had one in the room on arrival but never got another one. This year at POR we got new ones every day but one when the regular mousekeeper was off. And she apoligised when she returned. We tipped each day and left a note. We kept almost all of them too. We were told by staff that they are ours to keep since they are made from older towels taken out of service due to age or wear. Here is a pic of all them togeather.

Picture1007.jpg

Drats, I wish we knew we could take them home!!!

We just returned and had a towel animal from our mousekeeper, as well as some "bling" in the sink/shower area. We were staying as ASMu.

P1280020.jpg

P1280023.jpg

P1280024.jpg

P1280026.jpg

I also would love to learn how to make towel animals. Would be nice if we got one on our upcoming trip.

A few months ago, at the BC lobby, they were doing towel animal classes and demonstrations all day. I thought it was really fun-
DSCF0696-1.jpg

10-28-06

I am going to try this. Hopefully you will see the three that we got. We had to ask for them though. I also asked if we could take them and was told yes. We took the two smaller ones and left the basket.

I love towel animals! :love: I get so excited when I get one. I'm interested to see how many different kinds of towel animals everyone has gotten. So - show me your towel animals!

Here are some of mine:

DSC00604.jpg

DSC03130.jpg

Fun OP! :thumbsup2 I am picture posting challenged but we've had birds and angels at the CBR. Honestly they were so sweet to us there.:lovestruc

Here are some of ours from our last trip. Our mousekeeper left at least one each day and even made a display for the window. It was really awesome, and we were told we could keep them. They are displayed on my piano.

Marsha

100_2450.jpg

100_2445.jpg

Here are some of ours from our last trip. Our mousekeeper left at least one each day and even made a display for the window. It was really awesome, and we were told we could keep them. They are displayed on my piano.

Marsha

100_2450.jpg

100_2445.jpg

I love those!! Its a whole family of towel animals!!

We got these from POP. Two dogs and a little towel doll. As you can see, we took them home and they are now placed on top of my computer. I get to see them everyday. :)

S6300766.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter