Show me a lizard pic

Here are a few more from our trip last week :)

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

I love this thread. Strange but lizard spotting/hunting is one of our favorite things to do while waiting for buses. Speaking of which we also love riding the buses. We meet so many interesting people.

There are hidden treasures all throughout the World, aren't there?

And are frogs allowed too?
DSC01693.jpg

DSC01705.jpg

I love all those little critters in Florida
I'm glad you posted a pic of the frogs! They were all over the walls and by the "porch" lights at POP. We had a blast playing with those guys. :rotfl:

the smaller ones i have seen on this thread are mostly geckos , the others are anoles of various types. and that bug is a Cicada

None of the photos are of geckos. All of the photos taken around WDW are of anoles. Most of them are Brown anoles (
Anolis sagrei) and are native to Cuba. The green ones, Anolis carolinensis are native to the US. There are other non-native species, but those are the two most common.

Although there have been some species of geckos introduced into Florida, the majority of them are found in South Florida.

I love this thread :) We didn't see any frogs though... just the little anoles.

We were surprised at first by how unafraid the birds were in the parks (the ducks and sparrows especially) but then it made sense, they've adapted to their primary source of food. We took lots of photos of the birds and rabbits as well as the lizards.

None of the photos are of geckos. All of the photos taken around WDW are of anoles. Most of them are Brown anoles (
Anolis sagrei) and are native to Cuba. The green ones, Anolis carolinensis are native to the US. There are other non-native species, but those are the two most common.

Although there have been some species of geckos introduced into Florida, the majority of them are found in South Florida.

Wow, I thought mine was a gecko- I SWEAR I heard him advertising for Geico....:rotfl2:

Since I'm from New Jersey and we only see these things in pet stores. I am always amazed to see them walking around outdoors.

Can you find him?
l1.jpg

I zoomed in a little for this one

l2.jpg

When my son was 8yrs. old he found the easiest way to catch these quick little guys. After drying off after swimming just ball up the towel, then toss the towel on the lizard. Pick up the towel a little at a time then grab the little guy. He loved catching them but wanted to know if they swim, so we went down to lake at Pop Century and....................

Well they do swim but not as fast as the turtles! Wish I had a picute of my sons face when the turtle gulped down the lizard.I felt so bad for the lizard and my son!

And my boyfriend got this in AK. It was on Daisy's bill, then it ran up to her head when he went to take the picture.

lizard.jpg

LOL, I have been going to disney world almost every month for 3 years and i ALWAYS see that lizard on daisys bill. lol. He lives there.

This little guy was on DW's shoulder as we were exiting one of the parks. From the way she reacted, you'd have thought Godzilla himself was stalking her. She made me get it off her before I could get a picture of it still on her shoulder, so here's one of it on my hand. Must have been all of a week old.

Disney2006-Day5040-1.jpg

That one is a house gecko, They usually come out at night, that is why this one looks so dark cause its day time. The other ones in the thread are all mostly brown anoles.

That one is a house gecko, They usually come out at night, that is why this one looks so dark cause its day time. The other ones in the thread are all mostly brown anoles.

if you think the lizards are cool just wait until you run across a wolf spider the size of your hand...and the giant grasshoppers that don't mind fighting back!

we've got crazy insects down here!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter