Should/will DCL make capacity limits public?

I definitely appreciate the sarcasm. However, I am also sailing on the Dream next month. Was your cruise a Halloween cruise? If so, could you please tell me about the extent of Halloween things that were on the ship like in years past i.e. trick-or-treating, kids dressing up etc.

Thank you. It's nice to have realistic expectations.
Yes, ours was a Halloween cruise. MomofTwins summarized things pretty well in her post. Trick or treating isn't happening, but each child (<18) is given a bag of assorted candy. Lots of people are dressing up. Most of the Halloween activities are happening on nights 2 and 3, with things being repeated to spread out crowds. Lots of things on prior Halloween cruises are not happening, but there are plenty of Halloween activities to make it fun.

I just got off the dream (September 13-17) and was told that 1021 passengers were on board. You can really tell the difference. Much older demographic sailing too. Was surprised how (relatively) few children were on board

The reduction in services is not just related to kids type of activities is it? I am reading lots of comments about how relaxing the lower capacity cruises have been, which is certainly nice. I can see the benefits of that. But we are also looking to do more than just eat and sit on a pool chair.

They have reduced activities. They have fewer games during the day; they only had one guest performer, who was a vilonist who did do a bunch of shows. They had both beauty and the beast and believe. Each show was performed two nights. The castaway port adventures seemed to be normal. Cabanas had a much smaller selection of food. And the Halloween activities, well, they had the mousquerade dance party and the nightmare before Christmas sing along. That’s about it. No merchandise. So yea, it was awesome and much more relaxing than normal, but there are fewer activities onboard

Few activities, less entertainment and less food should equal a partial refund. But we all know that ain't gonna happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter