Should wdw put a water park into one of their parks???

Bob O

<font color=navy>Voice of Reason<br><font color=re
I just got back from a short getaway and while on vacation went to Paramounts Kings Island(wouldnt the Beast just be great at a disney park!!!) and in their park they had a water park that was part of the price of admission. This is also done at some SF parks.What do you think of disney putting a small water park in one of their theme parks??? The water parks they have now are great but with the warm weather down in FLA im sure alot of people who dont want to go to the water parks might like the idea at mid day for example going to the water park too cool off. And i think a perfect place to put it might me AK as that could increase attendance, a animal themed water park as part of the general admission to the park. I know my family has always enjoyed going into the water park for a break for a couple of hours when at a SF or Paramount Park. And it doesnt have to be huge, a wave pool, a couple of slides and kids areas.
What are your thoughts, good idea or stupid???

I don't think they could do this for one reaso...Crowds. Disney Parks attract so many people and a new area like this would have to be able to service a substantial number of these guests efficiently and I don't think this could be accomplished with just a few attractions...Plus the infrastructure costs would be high.

I would like to see AK adapt more water play/fountain areas like Epcot has for the kids though. Perhaps even a relatively large area for cooling off...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Bob O - How about a 300 ft, upside down, twist-um till they puke coaster that splashes you into water at every turn??? ;)

I thing this is a good idea but as Peter said I think a super themed fountian spash area would work best with animals, waterfalls, fountains, lush landscaping and lots of places to sit and watch the kids.

Dave O.

Well, I've been talking about doing something like this in California for the third park basically since Disney bought the strawberry field. As a tourist who goes to CA without a car but loves the WDW water parks, I think Disney should build a water park in CA, but because of the weather, and that there are lots of other water parks in the area, I don't think a stand alone water park is a good idea.

I got the idea because for years and years Seattle has had a water park/theme park. Enchanted Village came first, then they opened the water park addition called Wild Waves. Prior to the parks purchase by Six Flags, you could buy either a ticket to the water park, a ticket to the amusement park, but my family always bought the 3rd option which was a ticket for both parks. There was a gate between the two, so the talk of splitting Epcot into two parks brought back memories. Now under SF management, the whole area is one price.

I also thought it would be a good way to bring the DisneySea concept to the US but in a way different than Tokyo. Or to revive Tony Baxter's Discovery Bay concept.

Peter Pirate-AK could certainly use the crowds!!!! And you can always limit the amount of people in the water park as they do in the parks on busy days. A water fountain area like in DD/Epcot would just be a typical cheap thing for wdw to do rather than trying to create something great for there guests. That type of thinking has led to DCA and half built parks like MGM/AK when first opened.
Dave O-Now a 300ft water coaster would be great!!!!! But of course a great coaster wouldnt induce any puking!!! And why should parents have to sit while the kids splash around, they should also have the chance to get wet/cool off in water deeper than ankle depth.

You say potato, I say...Well, you understand...

You find the water amusment areas cheap & obviously insideous. I think they are great. They are fun to be around and the kiddies can cool off quickly...The adults too if they are so inclined.

A water Park at AKL? I don't see the fit. BB is right down the road and as I said before the costs involved in opening an inpark water park would be huge. Plus the logistics...I just can't see it.

Don't get me wrong, the concept isn't lost on me but I think it would have to be a park that was designed for the multiplicity from the get go...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

We have a small water park "land" in our Sea World in San Antonio. The number of patrons allowed in at any time is limited which keeps the crowds down and this is a super way to cool off IMO. It includes a full wave pool, slides and a few kiddie pools. Of course, it fits into the water theme at Sea World quite nicely.

I personally like this idea but wonder if it couldn't be a separate venue next to Animal Kingdom. It could be a smaller water park similar to River Country to keep attendance fees down.

You'd have a bunch of soaking wet kids,(and adults), hopping on rides meaning the next person in that seat gets to dry it off.

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
You'd have a bunch of soaking wet kids,(and adults), hopping on rides meaning the next person in that seat gets to dry it off.
You took the words right out of my mouth!

When you set on alot of seats at wdw in summer the seat is often wet from the sweat from the prior person. But of course in the parks i have been too you arent allowed to enter the parks with swimwear of wet clothing, you are required to wear normal attire or too dry off so that wouldnt be a problem and has never been a problem at any park i have been too.
A separate venue defeats the purpose of putting a water park in a existing park. Its nice to be able to just walk a short distance to go into a water park and cool off, change clothes and be back in the park. Rather than having to go to a separate park and deal with driving or transportation issues to go into the theme park.
And is that Pete Pirate or einser???? The cost wouldnt equal that of a lesser attraction. Or does SF or other parks have more money than disney. ??? If other parks have been able to put a water park into a existing park i dont see how disney would be unable to afford it. Areas like DD are nice but are no replacement for a wave pool or a tube ride.

I'd rather see them build more sprayers, walkthru fountains or what have you to cool off rather than an actual waterpark.

To quote my step mother at IOA....wet, stinky people...yuck!

Our experience at SF New England was horrible. To crowded. Poor changing area and they kept us out of the water more then they let us swim. I don't think it would be a good idea for Disney.

A couple of years back I did the park at Lake George, NY, which has a water park area inside it. I thought it was fairly nice, and wouldn't mind seeing it at a Disney park, if the choice was between having a third park at Anaheim that included a water park, or just having a water park. I don't see the point of adding one to WDW.

I don't like the idea. You already have 2 separate water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter