Should I let 8 yr old DD ride??

My son didnt really like tower of terror too much but loves rock n roller coaster and he is 8pirate:

Well, I have decided to let her ride! I did not realize that some of you are right TOT is a little wore than RNR. She will be exited!

Our DD, now 7, went on RNRC twice last summer. SHe also loved tower of terror as well as EE.

She can't wait to go on them again in December!

My DS (8) hates coasters, so didn't like this ride, but he survived it! Our neighbor girl (7) Loved it!! Her favorite ride at WDW. I didn't think it was all that great, but I get more of a thrill from the drop. Upside down just doesn't really do anything for me - boring. So I like TOT much better. But RNR is ok - nice visuals, but almost too quick to enjoy. Your daughter will probably love it!!!

My DD rode RRC when she was 7 and loved it! She rode it 3 times in a row! Now, it is all that she talks about. However, my other daughter does not like thrill rides at all. therefore, I would say that it up to the child. If she want to ride and meets the requirements, then let her ride. pixiedust:

My Dnephew was 9 last year at the time of our trip. He was just getting his feet wet with some roller coasters close to home. He worked up the courage to try RnRC and loved it! He's been riding coasters ever since.

I say that if she's of proper size and has the desire, let her go for it!

I am have the same concern with my small 9 year old son. I have been given all the same answers as you. Let them go. My only concern it that I swear I read somewhere on here last night that RNR is going to be closed in Sept. Please forwarn her so you don't have a massive meltdown. I am going now to try and find that post, but as you know, when you are new and searching everywhere....who knows where you read it. Hopefully someone will chime in to confirm or say it isn't so. Sorry!

"As far as I know, and while not officially stated... RnR will in fact be down for the month of Sept due to installing new control panels. If it was released to CMs, it's most likely going to happen, but the actual dates can be very hazy until an official announcement is released."

Here is the response I found the the Theme Park and Attraction section.

Sorry again....I hope it isn't true:confused3

Our 8 year old loved it. Come to think of it, she rode everything. RRC was her favorite with ToT coming in a close 2nd. My 4 year old rode Tot and loved it. He was upset when he wasn't allowed to ride something because of his size. Of course my kids may be a rarity. They are fearless, and sometimes force ol' dad to suck it up sometimes and ride rides that he might not normally ride.

Just be warned that there is a rumor that RnR will be closed for refurbishment the month of September so this may all be moot.

As long as she's in good health, I would let her ride! On our last trip we were going to let our DD-7 ride and she is small for her age. I have ridden RnR many times and I feel comfortable letting my kids ride.

If you are not sure, ride it first yourself and then decide.

If she wants to, meets the height requirement, and is generally in good health, go for it! Just tell her to keep her head back against the head rest when you "take off".

Why not let her, as long she meet the requirments.:cloud9:

Just remember to keep your head back against the rest tight before take off. That would be my main concern. 0-65 in 2.3 seconds, what a rush.:scared:

Len

I rode EVERYTHING as soon as I met the height requirements! I'm extremely bummed that I can't anymore... :( :(

Well, only you can make a judgement re: your child, but if she's in good health and meets the height requirement, why not?:confused3 My DS9 (at the time) went on Rockin Rollercoaster and could not get enough!!! He probably would have ridden that 10 times in 1 day if the rest of us didn't have other plans!:rolleyes: Yes, it takes off fast but it's over pretty quick, too!

My nephew's DD loves it also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter