Shirley Perfect Gift

plenam

Its a dog eat dog world & I have milkbone undies
Saw this on Shirley's Facebook page:
It is will deepest regret that I have to announce that DCL will no longer allow me to deliver to the Disney Cruise Ships as of today. I understand that they have implemented new directions and that is why I can no longer make or deliver to Disney. I have been doing this for 15 years and always without no issues and needless to say, I am so brokenhearted over this decision but I have to abide by their wishes and commands. To ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND CUSTOMERS, I want to personally thank you for all the kindness shown to me through the years and want to wish each of you all the happiness, health and wealth throughout your life. I will miss going to the ships, I will miss making your custom gift baskets and wish it could have continued. I do not know what I did wrong, for nothing changed in the past 15 years. I am hard working and honest but guess that wasn't good enough. Anyhow know we do deliver to the other ships at the port for anyone that is interested.

So sad to hear this. My kids LOVED getting their surprise gift baskets when we got to our stateroom....it was kind of a tradition....and I didn't have to pack sand toys for Castaway Cay....they were in the gift baskets. Thank you to Shirley for all her hard work and beautiful baskets. I guess Disney wants us to buy their cheezy overpriced stateroom gifts instead, but that won't be happening for my family.

This is very sad. Over 10 years ago I used Shirley for my son's gift baskets.

What happened? :confused3 They want to sell their own DCL stuff, I guess.:sad2:

Well, thank you Shirley and always thinking of Norm too. They not only did the gift baskets, but many times helped cruisers out, for instance, I remember someone had car trouble. Shirley and Norm helped them get to port. Lots of stuff like that.

Shirley, thank you for your years of service and assistance to thousands of customers. We've ordered when heading out on the ships and always the baskets were amazing.

Not just for you, Shirley. But for the hundreds, if not thousands of children who will not scream in delight at the sight of your awesome baskets.

My sister and I are sailing on the 1/11 Magic. We just finalized plans the other day and I was bragging about your baskets.

What a terrible waste. I will miss you so much.

does she not do the baskets for Dreams? or maybe they do them at their center??
anyways, sorry to hear this news Shirley. :(

How sad for Shirley. I'm very disappointed that DCL is so greedy to take away someone's business from them like that.

Well, that stinks. I hope Disney starts to offer a better product/selection then because it left me underwhelmed.

So sad!!! Shirley has been a great, great friend to all of us on these boards! I've ordered baskets in the past and was planning on ordering one for a friend who will be with us on our upcoming cruise, it will be his first and we wanted to add an additional touch of occasion to it.

I'm very much hoping that this is not a financial decision by Disney and maybe has something to do with new regulations or security or some other dumb thing the government has imposed.

Shirley thanks for all of your wonder service and amazing heart!

How sad for Shirley. I'm very disappointed that DCL is so greedy to take away someone's business from them like that.

In all fairness, no one other than those directly involved know what the reason is. This comment in particular is assuming it's all Disney's doing when the bottom line is we don't know that.

I'm very much hoping that this is not a financial decision by Disney and maybe has something to do with new regulations or security or some other dumb thing the government has imposed.

Doubt it's that since the op says she still does them for other cruiselines.

Shirley made the best gift basket for our grandson in September 2013. He was so excited to get his "welcome aboard" gift from Captain Mickey... So sad to see this ended. I was just getting ready to contact her about our next cruise in May...

Taking a selfish (or practical) turn of thoughts.. Could I mail a package to be delivered to grandson's stateroom? Or does Disney not allow packages from the mail...

Also- what about the Baby Site... Babies Travel Lite? If Disney bans them... :confused3

Cheers everyone... And a big THANKS to Shirley. All she wanted was to help people enjoy their very special vacations... :)

Okay- I just previewed this- I guess I need to update my "ticker"... :guilty:

well, they didn't for the baby items delivery service. Shirley made us nice things. Thanks to her. It could have been that one ('cause there weren't many) customer that caused trouble, enough to make things tough. If it were greed, they could make her a preferred vendor and control things a bit more, as her profits were minimal in comparison to other vendors.

I assume that I can still order a basket from Shirley, but I just have to go and pick it up myself - it can't be delivered to the ship.

the thing i find the strangest is that shirley herself has not piped up. she often posts on the dis however unless i have missed something she has not confirmed this.
before we go off on tangents we should be sure its not just a rumour or that someone hasn't just hacked her fb account. heck, i looked last night and couldn't even find her fb account.
i really doubt DCL greed has anything to do with this. i would think it would be more about what Club Disney Chandler has mentioned then DCL worried about the little bit shirley made.
jmo

the thing i find the strangest is that shirley herself has not piped up. she often posts on the dis however unless i have missed something she has not confirmed this.
before we go off on tangents we should be sure its not just a rumour or that someone hasn't just hacked her fb account. heck, i looked last night and couldn't even find her fb account.
i really doubt DCL greed has anything to do with this. i would think it would be more about what Club Disney Chandler has mentioned then DCL worried about the little bit shirley made.
jmo

https://www.facebook.com/PerfectGiftCapeCanaveral?fref=pb&hc_location=profile_browser

thank you for the link, i search the perfect gift but this one never showed up so you posting the link is much appreciated.

doesn't explain much does it. they must have given some sort of reason yet it is never mentioned (that i can see). it is a pity as so many people loved her product. i still doubt it would be due to anything financial. maybe at some point shirley will come on and let us know. she posts on the dis often so i will wait and see before i judge dcl to be the big bad wolf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!