Shipping Savi's Sabers Home

Sparrow'sLady

Mouseketeer
I have shipped items home before. I believe they do not charge on weight and size, but instead total cost. We shipped a Storm Trooper Helmet/Mask, Darth Vader Helmet/Mask, an ornament and Loungefly backpack and it was only $25 - $30 to ship home. That was March 2023.

I did a general Google search on ship to home pricing. Would it honestly cost $85 to ship 2 sabers home although they are maybe only 10 pounds. ???

I've read it may actually max out at around $40 plus tax. At least at the resort stores, as long as you have receipts showing that you bought the items from a Disney-owned store, they'll bundle all of your stuff together and ship it in one shipment.

In January, I took a bunch of merchandise I accumulated during the trip (including a droid from Droid Depot, one of those custom Avatar dolls, the DVC Operation game, a couple ornaments, and some other random crap, say $350 in stuff total) to the store at Old Key West and they put it all in one shipment and I think I paid $31.50 for it, though of course I lost the receipt so I can't say for sure.

They do ship them direct from where you buy them my brother had 3 shipped last year I cannot recall the shipping cost but I am 99.9% sure it was more than 40. You could also buy just the Hilts which they do not discount but a lot of the sets are.... The actual saber you can buy at the Disney store and you really only need 1 as it will light up the color based on the Hilt if that helps.

I have shipped items home before. I believe they do not charge on weight and size, but instead total cost. We shipped a Storm Trooper Helmet/Mask, Darth Vader Helmet/Mask, an ornament and Loungefly backpack and it was only $25 - $30 to ship home. That was March 2023.

I did a general Google search on ship to home pricing. Would it honestly cost $85 to ship 2 sabers home although they are maybe only 10 pounds. ???
The price does max out at around $40, but that is for one shipment. So, if you ship one thing and then another and then another, you can easily go over that amount. I recommend thinking about what you'll want to ship back and trying to wait until you've bought everything to have it shipped. Depending on how much you want shipped, when you buy it, how hard it is to carry, etc. it may not be practical to grab things on different days in different parks and ship them at the same time, but it will definitely keep the cost down. And of course, you'll probably want to walk around with your brand-new elegant weapon for a more civilized age before shipping it back. Just make sure to keep the receipt. There are several stores that will do the shipping for you - I usually use First Order Cargo in Hollywood Studios.

If you flew and you don't have a second carry-on, you can also take your lightsaber on the plane to avoid shipping. I've done that a couple of times and the only issue was waiting until everyone had put their luggage up top so that I could put the lightsaber on top of their bags. If you put it up in the overhead first, you may get people slamming their luggage in as they board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter