Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

I am so sad that we JUST found this thread! THANK YOU MARIA and everyone else for the posts.
I DID call the resort about a month ago to ask about a crib, they said they had them and we can just request it at check in (hoping it doesn't take Forever as my 7 mo old will be wanting to go to bed for the night soon after arrival).

A questions for Maria, or anyone else...
WIFI...available I see the website. Cost?
Oh, and on Sunday, my parents and brother/family will be coming over to do lunch with us at Downtown Disney....I'd like to have them all come back for a little bday celebration for my 3 yr old. Can they go to the pool with us? how do they keep an eye on whether you "Belong" there or not?

Anything else I NEED to know before flying out tomorrow?
(I did just send a Diamond Lane registration to possibly save some time at check in)

Very excited!!

--Kelley

A questions for Maria, or anyone else...
WIFI...available I see the website. Cost?
Oh, and on Sunday, my parents and brother/family will be coming over to do lunch with us at Downtown Disney....I'd like to have them all come back for a little bday celebration for my 3 yr old. Can they go to the pool with us? how do they keep an eye on whether you "Belong" there or not?

Hi Kelley,

Wifi is free in the rooms.....

And just let the guard at the gate know your family is coming for a visit. Shouldn't be a problem. We've had aunts and uncles who live in FL do the same when we're at Vistana.

Have fun !

Maria

Love4pets:

I am also doing an exchange thru RCI in Oct 09. Very curious on how your exchange will turn out. What steps have you taken so far and can you please let me know how everything went once you return? Hope everything works out just as you want...enjoy your vacation.

Thanks in advance for any advise you might suggest.

If anyone else has any helpful hints, that would be great also.

Thanks everyone!
Kristen

Hi,

Has anyone stayed in the Falls or Springs section of the Sheraton Vistana Resort? I've been doing alot of research and from what I can tell, these sections will be renovated by the end of June 09 (we will be staying there Oct 09).

Thanks for any updates.

Kristen

I have not stayed in either. I know Spiceycat (Pat) has stayed in the Springs. Maybe she'll see this and post.

I did want to say that the second bedroom in the Falls only has two twin beds----not double beds. So if this is an issue, keep that in mind. I'm not 100% sure if , with this new remodel, they haven't added two double beds ? But for the past 15 years that I've been an owner, it's been twins in this section.

Maria

I have not stayed in either. I know Spiceycat (Pat) has stayed in the Springs. Maybe she'll see this and post.

I did want to say that the second bedroom in the Falls only has two twin beds----not double beds. So if this is an issue, keep that in mind. I'm not 100% sure if , with this new remodel, they haven't added two double beds ? But for the past 15 years that I've been an owner, it's been twins in this section.

Maria

Ooooh - I thought all the 2nd rooms had twins. Do some have doubles and where are they?

All have doubles in the second bedroom except the Falls and Courts.

Maria

Oh my gosh:scared1::scared1:Now I am worried. We booked through Travelocity and in our room description it said 2 twins - Now Im worried that our request will not be honored and that we will be stuck in either falls or courts (which I understand aren't even renovated yet?) I hope they will still accomodate our request to be in a renovated room. We also wanted an elevator building (because of the stroller) and did ask to be by a zero entry pool. From what I gather this is not falls or courts. What do you think? We got a good deal, but I certainly could've gotten one with another promo to.

So, we checked in (easy) yest at 5pm. our RCI paperwork said 2br 8/6. So i figured the only config that could be would have to be 1K, 2Q, and a pull out sofa. we got tour condo E-37 COURTS =(
We have 2 little guys and I was stressed about getting everything in from the cars and getting them fed and to bed. we kind of just threw things where we thought they belonged...and then when we had some time to think afterward --we had a condo w 2 twins! where are persons 7 &8 supposed to sleep?ideas? suggestions (we are all settled...hate to move now)...i really was hoping for some something newer/renovated...big tub.

Then...the ER! My parents met us over here from st pete. they had dinner on the table after we got the babies in bed. my husband decided to run over to the market to get wine. on the way back, he step on a water main cover--it moved to the side..he fell in and went to catch himself on the way down --he landed with his hand on the metal piping..which had some extremely sharp edge on it. lots of blood and a broken bottle of wine....
Security....
ER.....
4 stitches....
4 hrs later....and no swimming/soaking until the stiches come out in 10 days!

what a mess! gald the grandparents were here to sit while the kids slept!

ERRR.....

Happy Vacation!!

(there is a nice big Orange cone out where he fell. and security has called to check on him 2 times today. hopefully they get the sharp metal edges fixed early this week...very glad that it wasn't one of the kids that this happened to!)
(thanks for the rant space!)

--Kelley

BTW...any suggestions on the condo...us getting a 6/6 instead of an 8/6??? glad I really didn't NEED my brother/SIL to stay with us. they got in late and stayed at a motel nearby.

Love4pets:

I am also doing an exchange thru RCI in Oct 09. Very curious on how your exchange will turn out. What steps have you taken so far and can you please let me know how everything went once you return? Hope everything works out just as you want...enjoy your vacation.

Thanks in advance for any advise you might suggest.

If anyone else has any helpful hints, that would be great also.

Thanks everyone!
Kristen

We are leaving the May 22nd. I will let you know how it goes. I have done the diamond lane like everyone suggested and will fax a request in a day or two to follow it up. This site is wonderful and full of very knowledgeable people. Keep your eyes open on it, they can teach us lots.

We are leaving the May 22nd. I will let you know how it goes. I have done the diamond lane like everyone suggested and will fax a request in a day or two to follow it up. This site is wonderful and full of very knowledgeable people. Keep your eyes open on it, they can teach us lots.

Thanks so much for following up. Again, hope everything turns out well for you and your family. Enjoy your vacation and look forward to hearing from you when you return.

Kristen :)

So, we checked in (easy) yest at 5pm. our RCI paperwork said 2br 8/6. So i figured the only config that could be would have to be 1K, 2Q, and a pull out sofa. we got tour condo E-37 COURTS =(
We have 2 little guys and I was stressed about getting everything in from the cars and getting them fed and to bed. we kind of just threw things where we thought they belonged...and then when we had some time to think afterward --we had a condo w 2 twins! where are persons 7 &8 supposed to sleep?ideas? suggestions (we are all settled...hate to move now)...i really was hoping for some something newer/renovated...big tub.

Then...the ER! My parents met us over here from st pete. they had dinner on the table after we got the babies in bed. my husband decided to run over to the market to get wine. on the way back, he step on a water main cover--it moved to the side..he fell in and went to catch himself on the way down --he landed with his hand on the metal piping..which had some extremely sharp edge on it. lots of blood and a broken bottle of wine....
Security....
ER.....
4 stitches....
4 hrs later....and no swimming/soaking until the stiches come out in 10 days!

what a mess! gald the grandparents were here to sit while the kids slept!

ERRR.....

Happy Vacation!!

(there is a nice big Orange cone out where he fell. and security has called to check on him 2 times today. hopefully they get the sharp metal edges fixed early this week...very glad that it wasn't one of the kids that this happened to!)
(thanks for the rant space!)

--Kelley

BTW...any suggestions on the condo...us getting a 6/6 instead of an 8/6??? glad I really didn't NEED my brother/SIL to stay with us. they got in late and stayed at a motel nearby.

Hi,

Sorry to learn that your vacation has started like it has. Hope your husband is doing better.

I have a question regarding your reservation... Did you make a request regarding which type of room you wanted or which villa you wanted thru diamond lane on the Sheraton Vistana Website and follow up with a fax with them as well? Just worried...we did an exchange for this property thru RCI for a trip in October. We really want one of the newer units so again, just wondering if you made any requests before leaving for your trip.

Thanks for any info you can share.
Kristen

I read on the RCI paperwork --No Requests will honored...
I also did NOT know about this site until just a few days before we left. I sent in an internet request 36hrs before. Not sure they got it...or if it would have helped...
Good luck with your Oct res.

We are close to the Cascades Pool and Market. the pool is like a 3 min walk with the kids.

but is it right that they can change the room like that...

Oh my gosh:scared1::scared1:Now I am worried. We booked through Travelocity and in our room description it said 2 twins - Now Im worried that our request will not be honored and that we will be stuck in either falls or courts (which I understand aren't even renovated yet?) I hope they will still accomodate our request to be in a renovated room. We also wanted an elevator building (because of the stroller) and did ask to be by a zero entry pool. From what I gather this is not falls or courts. What do you think? We got a good deal, but I certainly could've gotten one with another promo to.

It's tough to know. The Courts are closer than the Falls to the Cascades pool, but the Springs and some of the Palms are even closer. And yes, Falls rennovation should be complete or almost. Courts won't be done until Dec 2010. As far as the stroller.....if they can't give you an elevator building, they should give you a ground floor. But that means you could get an older section. If your reservation states two twins, all you can do is ask on the Diamond Lane and at check-in if there is any availability. Zero entry pool is also over at the Lakes on the other side of the resort----but there are no twin beds over there. Sending u a PM.

Maria

but is it right that they can change the room like that...

Most of the reservations state "sleeps 8/8. Yours stated 8/6. That is the resort's buffer (and just about all timeshares do this). The 8 is total capacity, but the "6" is really ideal/comfort. I agree it is ridiculous to rate the Courts and Falls as a capacity of "8". So they didn't really change you. Unfortunately, this is how they rate Courts/Falls. If you don't have an 8/8 on your reservation, there's a very good chance you will get Falls/Courts with the two twin beds in second bedroom.

So very sorry to hear how your stay has been thus far Kelley. Did your husband fall on Vistana property ? I'd ask to speak to a manager (and head of security---he's very nice) and maybe suggest that since your dh's vacation has been ruined to a certain degree in that he can't swim and do other more sports-like activities, that a room upgrade might be a way for the resort to ammend for the accident ? It sounds like the water cover was not secured so great ? Did Vistana admit anything ? Did they offer to pay the bill ? Maybe there are details I'm not aware of.

To my knowledge....requests were always at the discretion of Vistana. I would not think the resort is booked solid this week ? Next week is Memorial week, so that one probably is. But I was just in WDW as of Sunday when we left. The parks and resorts had availability. So maybe they can accomodate a villa move. Did u ask at check-in or just accept what they gave you ? JUst curious how it all transpired.

Maria

Can anyone tell me the format of the Sheraton Vistana Resrvation Numbers, as I have a feeling that our travel agent has given me 'there' reference number (which covers the entrire trip ) and not the res number specifically relating to the accomodation at Vistana

The number I have is a 8 digit one begining 01 (eg 01********)

Is this the correct format does anyone know, as we I wish to use the Diamond Check in, and don't want to put the wrong number on the form.

Cheers

Maria

Hi Maria,

Thanks for all the info you post but I'm in need of some more advice:

We did an RCI exchange for a Sunday check in (10/4/09)
2 Bedroom, 8/6, Unit Size 2, Full Kitchen. What section do you think this puts us in? What do you suggest I do to try and get a newer unit and how far in advance should I start the process? Is this week a busy time of year or a downtime? Looking at the rehab schedule and the check in days, it looks like we will be placed in a newer unit even without a request or do you think they'll stick us in an older section (Spa or Courts) even though those are Fri & Sat only check ins due to the fact this is an RCI exchange?

Second question, we are actually flying into Orlando on Sat Oct 3rd. Should we try and rent a unit at the Vistana that night and what are the chances that we would be able to stay in that same unit with our exchange? Or should we stay off site Sat and arrive early Sunday to do the paperwork (I've read that you have a better chance of getting the room you've requested), take off for the day, then return latter that day to pick up the keys.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH in advance your advice:)
Kristen

Hi Maria,

Thanks for all the info you post but I'm in need of some more advice:

We did an RCI exchange for a Sunday check in (10/4/09)
2 Bedroom, 8/6, Unit Size 2, Full Kitchen. What section do you think this puts us in? What do you suggest I do to try and get a newer unit and how far in advance should I start the process? Is this week a busy time of year or a downtime? Looking at the rehab schedule and the check in days, it looks like we will be placed in a newer unit even without a request or do you think they'll stick us in an older section (Spa or Courts) even though those are Fri & Sat only check ins due to the fact this is an RCI exchange?

Second question, we are actually flying into Orlando on Sat Oct 3rd. Should we try and rent a unit at the Vistana that night and what are the chances that we would be able to stay in that same unit with our exchange? Or should we stay off site Sat and arrive early Sunday to do the paperwork (I've read that you have a better chance of getting the room you've requested), take off for the day, then return latter that day to pick up the keys.

Hi Kristin !
I would still request a newly rehabb'd unit via the Diamond Lane. You should probably put that request in about 2-3 months before check-in. What concerns me, is the "8/6". The newer units and even some of the older units usually are "8/8". The 8/6 tends to be Courts and Falls. With a Sun check-in, you could be placed in the Courts. I believe the only thing that could draw in some crowds is Columbus Day weekend & Food and Wine Festival, but generally, it's not a busy time for Vistana---though it is considered "prime" for exchanging. But really, most of the year is considered "prime" for Vistana.

And I would make any big efforts to rent Oct 3 at Vistana. From personal experience, you run a very big chance of having to move anyway. They did it to me and I'm an owner. So now I don't rent from them any more. My extra nights are elsewhere. And yes.....getting to Vistana early on Sunday to check in and let them know of your requests would be the way to go.

If I can help any further, please let me know......
Maria

Hi Kristin !
I would still request a newly rehabb'd unit via the Diamond Lane. You should probably put that request in about 2-3 months before check-in. What concerns me, is the "8/6". The newer units and even some of the older units usually are "8/8". The 8/6 tends to be Courts and Falls. With a Sun check-in, you could be placed in the Courts. I believe the only thing that could draw in some crowds is Columbus Day weekend & Food and Wine Festival, but generally, it's not a busy time for Vistana---though it is considered "prime" for exchanging. But really, most of the year is considered "prime" for Vistana.

And I would make any big efforts to rent Oct 3 at Vistana. From personal experience, you run a very big chance of having to move anyway. They did it to me and I'm an owner. So now I don't rent from them any more. My extra nights are elsewhere. And yes.....getting to Vistana early on Sunday to check in and let them know of your requests would be the way to go.

If I can help any further, please let me know......
Maria

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the quick response. I will do DL within the next couple of months and follow up with a fax a week before check in. I think I'll request the Fountains as 1st choice and 2nd the Falls (it's just 4 of us) since the it looks like the rehab will be done and fits the 8/6 criteria. :confused3 Can I request this way?

Do you have any suggestions on where to stay on the 3rd that's close to the Vistana?

Kristen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter