Sheraton Vistana Resort Questions

Which pool has the water slide?

Also, in the beginning of this thread, it talks about the check in day affecting the area you'll get, is that still the case?

We are going through Interval International and will be arriving on a Sunday and leaving the following Sat. Does this affect our location? I wanted to request the area with the water slide.

TIA, lori

Which pool has the water slide?

Also, in the beginning of this thread, it talks about the check in day affecting the area you'll get, is that still the case?

We are going through Interval International and will be arriving on a Sunday and leaving the following Sat. Does this affect our location? I wanted to request the area with the water slide.

TIA, lori
The Falls Section has the slide - we were a Sunday - Sunday and got put in Falls and LOVVVVEEED it! Loved it

The Falls Section has the slide - we were a Sunday - Sunday and got put in Falls and LOVVVVEEED it! Loved it

That is good to hear, because I was thinking about requesting this area. I also believe it is a Sunday check in area?

As far as the amenities go, can someone give me an idea of what they cost? or which ones have fees? Is there a list somewhere?
As we will be there for at least one full day, no parks planned, I know the kids are going to want to take advantage of everything, and it would be nice to know what it's going to cost. ::yes::

We exchanged through RCI, have a Friday check in our reservation states 8/6. I did the Diamond Lane Check-In online and received a reply that the building I requested (Falls) is a Sunday check in and I will be placed in a building that checks in on Friday. Does anyone know which buildings check in on Friday? I've searched this thread, but could not find it if it has already been answered.

That is good to hear, because I was thinking about requesting this area. I also believe it is a Sunday check in area?

As far as the amenities go, can someone give me an idea of what they cost? or which ones have fees? Is there a list somewhere?
As we will be there for at least one full day, no parks planned, I know the kids are going to want to take advantage of everything, and it would be nice to know what it's going to cost. ::yes::

Well the only thing we paid for was to have my dd's hair wrapped which was about $20-$22 -- I know that there is mini golf, massages, kids store, surry bikes tennis lessons etc..but not sure of the fees. also when we were there they had this HUGE inflatable slide up they were running water down adn it was $2 a ride and lots of kids seemed to be doign that.

Below is the info about check in that I found in another thread:

Sections at Vistana OLDEST to NEWEST : Courts, Falls, Spas, Palms, Springs, Fountains I, Fountains II, Lakes, Cascades

Only "sleep 6" two bedrooms are in Courts and Falls. All other two bedrooms in other sections are "sleep 8". One bedrooms are only in the Lakes and Cascades---which are newest sections.

Friday check-in : Spas, Palms, Springs, Fountains I & II, Lakes, Cascades

Sat check-in : Courts, Palms, Springs, Fountains I & II, Lakes, Cascades

Sun check-in : Falls, Palms, Springs, Fountains I & II, Lakes, Cascades

We just got booked into the Courts section in August thru RCI-does anyone have any info or pictures of the Court Villas? I am hoping they are not too ran down , wehave never stayed in that area of Vistana.

We just got booked into the Courts section in August thru RCI-does anyone have any info or pictures of the Court Villas? I am hoping they are not too ran down , wehave never stayed in that area of Vistana.

I may be wrong but i belive Palms and Cascades are th eonly sections that haven't been renovated. you can request a newly refurbished unit - that's what we did...

Booking thru my friend's timeshare, and we are coming up with a
sleeps 4, max 6. That should be Falls or Courts?

It is a Sat check in, so that means the Falls is out and we will probably get the Courts, which I don't want.

Also, according to the renovation schedule they are suppose to start renovations in that area in Aug, won't that be disruptive to stay there? We will be there in Sept.

One other thing, it states that there is a king in the master, a full in the second and a pull out sofa. I thought the second bedrooms had doubles or twins, or is that only for the renovated units?

We stayed in Courts building 5 last week and it definitely had NOT been renovated. Old and disappointing. Nothing like the pictures on the dreamsunlimited site. Definitely a sleeps 4 2 bedroom---we were a party of 5, RCI, requested a renovated with 2 doubles in the guest and well, no, even though it was confirmed by phone ahead of time. They were working on Courts building 4 and yes you could tell...it looked like a construction site that we had to drive/walk around each day.

Good location, could walk to the Springs, Courts and Falls pool as well as the Marketplace, really close to Disney. Have since spoken with RCI after arriving home and worked a few things out so may give them another try in the (distant after all renovations done) future...but beware, the nonrenovated units are just not particularly pleasant and the front office staff not particularly helpful once you are there(but the maintence and housekeeping staff was wonderfully nice). The rest of the resort looked beautiful---we just felt like we got stuck in the forgotten corner.

We stayed in Courts building 5 last week and it definitely had NOT been renovated. Old and disappointing. Nothing like the pictures on the dreamsunlimited site. Definitely a sleeps 4 2 bedroom---we were a party of 5, RCI, requested a renovated with 2 doubles in the guest and well, no, even though it was confirmed by phone ahead of time. They were working on Courts building 4 and yes you could tell...it looked like a construction site that we had to drive/walk around each day.

I was under the impression that all 2 bedrooms sleep at least 6. The sofas convert into beds. In fact we had a Courts 2 bedroom several years ago that slept 8, despite having twin beds in the second bedroom. It had 2 sofas, and both could be converted to beds.

From the various threads I've been reading, it seems those booking through RCI are most likely to get the old sections that haven't been renovated yet.

We go in Sept, through Interval International, and I am hoping we don't get stuck in a construction zone.

From the various threads I've been reading, it seems those booking through RCI are most likely to get the old sections that haven't been renovated yet.

I think this is true...most especially if you are a Saturday check in and want a two bedroom. Then it is Courts for sure. And, from what I can tell...they still have a lot of renovating to do there, and a lot of it not scheduled to begin until 8/2010 from what people are being told.

Maria,

We stayed at vistana twice before and you helped me out so much with your tips. thanks. :) We were so lucky to be able to trade so late into vistana again. I happened to call at the right time when a unit became available. Now I have more questions-does the general store near cascades still have complimentary coffee in the AM? I used to like to get it there so I wouldn't wake up my family making early am coffee. We have only stayed in cascades? Do you know if lakes/fountains I and II/cascade are all the same size and layout for a 2 bedroom?

Sue

goofytoo

I was wondering what building you stayed in at cascades-was it close to the cascade pool? Also, are the building around the cascade pool renovated yet?

Hi everyone! I just booked the great deal over at All Ears: http://allears.net/acc/faq_villages.htm for $199 ($226 with tax) for 3 nights for a 1 BR. I was chatting with the agent and I asked about the kitchenette and asked if there was a stove or just a cook top. He said there was just a cook top but then he saw a 1BR with a full kitchen available for the whole time. I can't find any info about 1BR with full kitchens. Does that mean that this unit is in a specific building? Did I shoot myself in the foot by booking the full kitchen and not the kitchenette?

I have free dining booked now at POR but I am running the numbers to compare the two. I really like free dining but I also really like a 1 BR unit with a king bed, kitchen, washer & dryer and hot tub. We have APs and we're already renting a car so parking at WDW isn't a factor.

We have 2 reservations at Vistana in August for a friday check in. It's a rci exchange and they say the units are FTN 1454 and FTN 1453. Can you tell me what location we are in. Thanks.

I think fountains according to a map I found online. Seems correct because that building is colored red which is a friday check-in. We also exchanged thru RCI- How did you find out the unit numbers?

I think fountains according to a map I found online. Seems correct because that building is colored red which is a friday check-in. We also exchanged thru RCI- How did you find out the unit numbers?

It say it on the right hand side of our confirmation from RCI.

Can you tell me where you found the map?
Give me a link please? Thanks!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter