• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sheraton Vistana- better/Worse rooms?

I just got confirmation that I will be in Unit 1625, which building is this and will I be happy?

1625 is in the Fountains II section, building 48. As it is the first unit number in that building, it is probably a ground floor, outside unit.

Will you be happy? Well you'll be in Orlando instead of Boston in Feb/March (guessing) - who couldn't be happy in the happiest place on earth!!

Fountains is a newer section, and your unit is on a quiet loop backing onto the lake/pond rather than the I-4 ramp across the way. it is a bit of walk to pools and recreation center, but only about a block. I think you'll be happy, especially if you like a little peace and quiet.

Enjoy your stay!

Hi:
We were there a month ago. It's our favorite resort!

You can do diamond check in or get there early on the day of check in. I just smile alot and act my normal friendly self. I've never had a problem getting my unit switched if I don't like it.

I believe only the Courts are left to be refurbished and some of the Cascades. We were just in the Springs and they were nicely redone. We stayed in the Lakes two year's ago and we were one of the first to get the refurbed rooms. Very nice.

Which unit did you prefer..the Springs or the Lakes? We have 3 small children w/ us, and I've heard the Lakes pool is great (zero entry)--still trying to decide. :)

We just got back from Vistana and we loved it. We were in a 2 bedroom villa in the Fountains II section, a short walk to the Fountains pool/ food court, and just had a blast. We did BB and TL, but did not do the theme parks. Very close to Downtown Disney. We are hoping to stay there next year.

How was the Fountains II section? Was that all redone as well? I've heard cascades is nice, but Fountains is more secluded and I want a more quiet unit so my daughter can nap in the afternoon. :) How were the rooms? thanks!

loving this thread
so we have twins that will be 2 1/2 which of the resort would be better for little ones

Between the Springs and the Lakes pool, I would pick the Lakes for little ones. The Springs pool is not zero depth. My daughter could touch last year so I think it started at about 3 feet. They do have a very tiny kids pool at the Springs.

Can you believe we have never had the opportunity to swim in the zero depth Lakes pool? We stayed in a beautiful Lakes unit but the pool was being remodeled and was closed. We were forced to use the Fountains pool on that trip. Once again, the Fountains pool starts at 3-4 feet.

The Cascades pool is also walk in but it's always crowded when we've used it.

Between the Springs and the Lakes pool, I would pick the Lakes for little ones. The Springs pool is not zero depth. My daughter could touch last year so I think it started at about 3 feet. They do have a very tiny kids pool at the Springs.

Can you believe we have never had the opportunity to swim in the zero depth Lakes pool? We stayed in a beautiful Lakes unit but the pool was being remodeled and was closed. We were forced to use the Fountains pool on that trip. Once again, the Fountains pool starts at 3-4 feet.

The Cascades pool is also walk in but it's always crowded when we've used it.

I've heard the Cascades pool is always busy --If we stay in the Fountains II unit, is it easy to walk to the Lakes pool? Thanks again! This forum is a huge help! :)

Hi:
It was about a 3 minute, fast walk for us from the Lakes Unit to the Fountains pool. We were in the absolute farthest unit (to the back of the property). If your kids are very little, you could always drive down but I really don't think the walk was bad. I suppose that's easy for me to say as I'm in a wheelchair but my husband and three kids did not complain at all.

I have a map of the property. I'll look tonight and get back to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter