Shelli and Tony~ Randy's Photos, MK Photos and AK Honeymoon shoot added

I am so excited ! :cool1: I had had trouble finding the perfect vase/cylinder for our sand ceremony. One day while wandering Wal-Mart, I found a heart-shaped vase in the clearance aisle. I took it to the local engraving shop and they were able to put my requested design on it. I just got it back today and am THRILLED. So, of course, I had to post pictures of it for all you guys to see. It was difficult getting a good picture with the curve of the vase picking up light, but here are a couple shots of it. I just put the red paper in the one shot so that you could see the design better.

549.jpg

550.jpg

I am so excited ! :cool1: I had had trouble finding the perfect vase/cylinder for our sand ceremony. One day while wandering Wal-Mart, I found a heart-shaped vase in the clearance aisle. I took it to the local engraving shop and they were able to put my requested design on it. I just got it back today and am THRILLED. So, of course, I had to post pictures of it for all you guys to see. It was difficult getting a good picture with the curve of the vase picking up light, but here are a couple shots of it. I just put the red paper in the one shot so that you could see the design better.

549.jpg

550.jpg

That is totally adorable.

The vase is so cute! It's so great that you were able to get it personalized with the Mickey and Minnie on it. :)

That vase is gorgeous:love: I wish I could have something like that but we would have to get it back to the UK, without spilling the sand, that seems impossible:confused3 How are you getting it back?

That vase is gorgeous:love: I wish I could have something like that but we would have to get it back to the UK, without spilling the sand, that seems impossible:confused3 How are you getting it back?

I haven't quite decided yet. I am toying with the idea of taking along a small amount of candle wax and melting it and pouring it over the top thus making a candle on top and securing the sand with it at the same time. I know you can't take gel candles on the plane, but I haven't found anything on the TSA websites prohibiting solid candle wax. The other thought is to do the candle and ship it home (with my fingers crossed). Worse case senerio, the sand gets put into a plastic bag and we "repour" it when we get home.

I had really wanted the heart-shaped vase from the beginning, but was also looking for something with a lid. When I found this vase so inexpensively, then found someone willing to engrave my Mickey and Minnie...how the sand was staying put wasn't as big of an issue ! I figured even with a lidded container, the sand is going to get shaken around in transport and won't look the same as it did at the wedding anyway.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I am open to ideas !

We got our BEO and am happy to announce we did NOT have sticker shock. It came in right where I thought it would. :cool1: I am also happy that it confirms all the photo packages and pricing as well cake flavors we wanted since there have been so many issues on here lately. What a relief !

We are going this weekend to the jewelers to have our bands designed. I didn't want to do this too far in advance as I will have to leave my e-ring for them to make the bands to fit it and I didn't want to be without it any longer than I had to.

:banana: I am getting really excited now that we are just a month out !! :banana:

I have been randomly calling Disney Dining to check on any openings at CRT as advance ressies didn't get made...long story. Anyway, I took a few minutes at work today to make a random inquiry and was able to secure lunch reservations for my DF, DD and myself for the day after our wedding! I am soooo excited. This will be a first for my DD and myself...okay, I am really just excited that I get to go. I am the bigger kid of the two of us. Anyway.......YEAH !!!!!!!!!:banana:

Does anyone out there have any connections with Alexia Designs dresses ? One of my Bridesmaids lives in another state, so she just ordered her dress from a store near her. About a month ago she got a letter from the store stating the store had gone out of business but that her dress had come in. She has tried for weeks to call them to pick it up and they won't return her calls. She did talk to another girl who has a wedding dress on order and is out A LOT more money and the other girl is working with the county attorney to file charges for breach of contract............

So my question is does anyone have any connections to try to get one in less than a month ? I am going to call my shop in the morning to see if they can work any magic. She ordered either a 12 or 14, so I am hoping that being a more standard size we might luck out and the company might have one just hanging in the warehouse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Does anyone out there have any connections with Alexia Designs dresses ? One of my Bridesmaids lives in another state, so she just ordered her dress from a store near her. About a month ago she got a letter from the store stating the store had gone out of business but that her dress had come in. She has tried for weeks to call them to pick it up and they won't return her calls. She did talk to another girl who has a wedding dress on order and is out A LOT more money and the other girl is working with the county attorney to file charges for breach of contract............

So my question is does anyone have any connections to try to get one in less than a month ? I am going to call my shop in the morning to see if they can work any magic. She ordered either a 12 or 14, so I am hoping that being a more standard size we might luck out and the company might have one just hanging in the warehouse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

I don't have any connections, unfortunately. But, have you tried ebay?

Hi Shelli! I bet you are thrilled to eat in the castl, your daughter will love it.

About the dresses I would see what your dress store can do for you,I am sure that they have connections to be able to get you a dress fast. Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out.

YEAH !! My MOH called to report she met an employee from the bridal shop at the local QT today and got her dress over her lunch hour. I haven't heard yet whether or not she will need alterations, but at least she has physical custody of the dress !!

I have been randomly calling Disney Dining to check on any openings at CRT as advance ressies didn't get made...long story. Anyway, I took a few minutes at work today to make a random inquiry and was able to secure lunch reservations for my DF, DD and myself for the day after our wedding! I am soooo excited. This will be a first for my DD and myself...okay, I am really just excited that I get to go. I am the bigger kid of the two of us. Anyway.......YEAH !!!!!!!!!:banana:

Oh yay! We had dinner there the night of our wedding. They were truely amazing. You will love it.

I have had a productive evening....I finished our programs/fans, I painted a visor to wear in Disney, designed our thank-you notes and have finished sewing the crystals on my veil ! Whew ! I guess this is good since we leave in two weeks !!!:eek: I keep wondering what I am forgetting to do... I still have to do our shirts, but it seems like there should be more to be done. My DF says he doesn't know what I will do with all my time when we return. I told him I will be busy scrapboooking all of our photos !

I have had a productive evening....I finished our programs/fans, I painted a visor to wear in Disney, designed our thank-you notes and have finished sewing the crystals on my veil ! Whew ! I guess this is good since we leave in two weeks !!!:eek: I keep wondering what I am forgetting to do... I still have to do our shirts, but it seems like there should be more to be done. My DF says he doesn't know what I will do with all my time when we return. I told him I will be busy scrapboooking all of our photos !

It feels good to get alot done. I know the feeling of not knowing what to do with yourself when you get back. Now I just get to help other brides. :goodvibes

I have had a productive evening....I finished our programs/fans, I painted a visor to wear in Disney, designed our thank-you notes and have finished sewing the crystals on my veil ! Whew !

I definitely understand about how time-consuming the crystals can be for a veil. I just finished mine last week and it took my friend and I four hours to attach 240 crystals. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter