Shelli and Tony~ Randy's Photos, MK Photos and AK Honeymoon shoot added

Swmhc

DIS Veteran
Well, I have been lurking here for a while and posting randomly, so I thought it was time I share our planning journal with the rest of you.

My DF and I met on-line (yes you can find your soulmate there). We had dated nearly a year when he told me he was tired of having to introduce me as his significant other and wondered if he could introduce me as his wife.

My DF is from Michigan and my family is still in Missouri. As neither of our parents are able to travel due to age and physical injuries, we decided that a destination wedding was in order. It didn't take us long to decide that a DFTW was what we wanted. What better place to be married than the "Happiest Place on Earth" during the "Year of a Million Dreams?"

Our WC is Juliana. We are getting married at the YC Gazebo at 10 am on August 1, 2007. We are still undecided as to the destination of our informal reception. We initially thought our wedding gathering would be very "intimate," being my DF, myself and my nearly 13 yo daughter. As our wedding date grows closer, we are dangerously close to reaching our 20 person limit for the Escape wedding.

So here are pictures of my dress

Weddingdress.jpg

And the back

dressback.jpg

And I don't recall seeing anyone else having posted this gown thus far....

Here are the colors of flowers I am using, though I will being going with a cascading style, while my bridesmaids will carry the rose wands. Since I want to keep my bouquet I will be having Rosie make my bouquet out of silks. I am truely amazed with Rosie with regards to floral and event planning.

bouquetidea.jpg

Despite the controversy surrounding the MK shoot, we are proceeding with it on the morning of our ceremony. We are using Randy :cool1: for our wedding photography (thanks to the Dis and Maggimus and ForKeeps). We are exchanging the wedding photography for a honeymoon shoot at AK.

My daughter and my best friend of over twenty years (though don't remind her of this as it reminds her that we are getting old since we met in college!) will be standing up with me. They will be wearing the following dress in hunter green.

LaurensDress2.jpg

I haven't decided on my hair yet, but since it is August in Florida, I will most likely wear it up. This is one of my thoughts

hairidea.jpg

I don't have my camera with me this weekend, so I will have to get a picture of my E-ring to post.

Whew !! That should be a start for everyone !

congratulations! everything looks great so far! I love the colors in your flowers - and your dress is so pretty!!!! :goodvibes

My DF and I met online too! I'm a firm believer that it works!!!
Your dress is beautiful!!!
Congratulations!

Just thought I'd share the coincidences that: (1) we're having an intimate too, (2) with Juliana as our coordinator, (3) at the Yacht Club Gazebo, and (4) August 1 is my birthday! Now if I can just convince you to have your reception at Portobello like we are, it'll be like we're bridal twins! lol

Great start on your planning journal!

purplegirl247, we are looking at Portobello's. But I told my DF he could make the final decision on the reception, so I will have to let you know what he decides !

We had dated nearly a year when he told me he was tired of having to introduce me as his significant other and wondered if he could introduce me as his wife.

I LOVE that proposal. What a catch your DF is! Congratulations!! :goodvibes

Just wanted to add on here for my fellow Dollar Tree shoppers, I stopped by after lunch one day this week and didn't really see anything that grabbed my eye, but just as I was walking out the door, I saw a display with the little plastic slippers; they were in packages of 6 for $1. I hadn't really planned to use Cinderella items as we are going more with the mouse theme, but that was just too good of a deal to pass up !

Thanks for letting us know.. My friend is doing a Cinderella theme for her daughter... She will love the idea:thumbsup2

I finally got a picture taken of my engagement ring to post. We designed it ourselves. I absolutely love it !!! Sorry about the size, I am not computer savy, so I don't know how to resize it.

100_3061.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter