"Shark Reef" To Be "Deep Sixed"

yea it was cool haven't done it in a long time....but it must cost a ton to keep going

The cost of upkeep the the tanks and fish and equipment replacement, the cleaning and processing of the equipment, the number of cast members it takes at equipment, introduction, the number of life guards ............. with a low capacity of guests to go through. The cost does not justify.

Typhoon Lagoon needs another thrill slide - this space of the park could handle something with height and twists. The Crusher is not enough to make us to there instead of Blizzard Beach.

My girls will be crushed. Shark reef, crush and gusher and the wave pool are the only things we do at typhoon lagoon.

That's too bad. That's something that was really neat.

I wonder what they will do with the fish and the sharks...I guess euthanize them.

My girls will be crushed. Shark reef, crush and gusher and the wave pool are the only things we do at typhoon lagoon.

That is my point. Those are the only things many people do and shark reef is low capacity. They really need something that will draw folks - that is why Crusher went in years ago because Blizzard Beach slides were hurting them. We stopped going until Crusher opened. Tried it, was like ... okay ... then went back to Blizzard Beach.

Oh No! We did the scuba thing there this year and it was awesome! I was looking forward to going again next year.

i wish there was a "are you freaking kidding me?" emoticon. we are going back in jan and doing typhoon lagoon JUST because last time we did it, the underwater camera broke mid swim and all the pictures were ruined. if this ends up being true, i have a whole day to reschedule. :mad:

We used to do this every trip to WDW. But not for many years.

2 weeks ago, DS and his gf went. He said, it was not like it used to be! No 1/2 wetsuits, and the equipment was ill-fitting. Less fish, too, and he said the water was not really cold like it used to be.

I really enjoyed this attraction, the CMs always had to shoo me along faster. :rotfl:

WDW needs to learn how to start adding 'to be replaced by' to these closure announcements. It's staring to feel like they're going out of business, which we know is not true.

WDW needs to learn how to start adding 'to be replaced by' to these closure announcements. It's staring to feel like they're going out of business, which we know is not true.

Ooohhhhh..... I wonder if they'll have a "going out of business" sale......... :rolleyes1

Wow, this is surprising. This was something unique while typical slides and such things aren't.

As for the attraction being raggedy as someone mentioned, I think that this is often a sign that Disney is about to close it. I've seen that before with other attractions and it makes sense because why would Disney want to spend money on something that's going away?

When we were deciding between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon lagoon, my wife and I agreed that the only advantage at TL was the Shark's Reef, but it was not enough. They will definitely need to replace that attraction if they want to keep crowds balanced between the two water parks.

Fine with this is they maybe add something Mermaid, 20000 Leagues or Nemo themed to the area. Anything really, as long as it's not just shut down and left to rot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter