Sharing on the Dining Plan

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
I wanted to run something by those that have used the Dining Plan with kids. We'll be dining at a few Signature restaurants with a nine year old and I'm a bit disappointed at some of the children's menus. For example, Artist Point's children's menu consists of a burger, penne pasta, and chicken. She's a very adventurous eater and would be much happier with an appetizer from the adult menu. Would they mind if we didn't use a dining credit for her and just pay for the appetizer. Alternately, would they mind if we share our meals with her and just pay for her drink and desert?

Earlier this month when we were there, we didn't have any problems splitting up the check. We often ordered items not included in the DDP, likewise, we didn't have any problems when only part of our party wanted to use a dining credit. Just make sure you tell the server which items are to be paid for out of pocket and which are part of the DDP. We shared items and they didn't seem to have a problem.

Yes ou can do what you're describing, but you are forgetting one thing. What will you do with her credits? You don't want to leave any credits behind.

If you're taking advantage of the free dining promotion then I suggest you upgrade your daughter to an adult. It'll only cost you the difference between a child and adult ticket which is under $30 I believe (it varies by the length of your ticket). This is something many people do.

If you're paying for the dining plan they you might want to do the math to see if with the ADRs you want (taking into account having to pay extra to buy additional food for your daughter) really make it financially worthwhile buying the dining plan.

Yes ou can do what you're describing, but you are forgetting one thing. What will you do with her credits? You don't want to leave any credits behind.

If you're taking advantage of the free dining promotion then I suggest you upgrade your daughter to an adult. It'll only cost you the difference between a child and adult ticket which is under $30 I believe (it varies by the length of your ticket). This is something many people do.

If you're paying for the dining plan they you might want to do the math to see if with the ADRs you want (taking into account having to pay extra to buy additional food for your daughter) really make it financially worthwhile buying the dining plan.

Thanks! Thats a great idea, and I had no idea I could do that. We are using the free dining promotion, so this would be a great help. :thumbsup2

How do you do that? At check-in? I imagine it would be hard to explain over the phone when making your original reservations. Please explain further...

I upgraded my son's ticket to adult for $25 for the whole 5 night trip, well worth in on free dining. There is no way he would be ok with the kids plan for the whole trip. For TS we could get away with doing lots of buffets, but the CS would be a problem. The kid's menu is really lacking at WDW restaurants.

I upgraded my 23-month-old to a 3-year-old earlier this year for our August trip. I just called Disney and said I wanted to change his age so he could have the meal plan and we could be guaranteed an AB room at POR. All I had to do was pay for his ticket. They knew I was "lying" about his age, but I was giving them money, so they didn't really care. I would assume the same could be done in this case (upgrading to adult ticket for adult meal plan).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter