Sharing Meals

BeccaGrace

Reads Disney Menus When She's Sad
I am planning a trip for 3 adults and two children (4) and (2) (at time of travel)...We are thinking of doing the MYW meal plan but my mom is on a restrictive weight loss plan that involves meal replacements and eats very little solid food. We still think the meal plan would still be a good value even though she would have to participate in it because, as we've read, the credits are all placed together and could be used by whomever whenever (i.e. my dh could be a piggie and eat everyone's snacks!) so her meals could be eaten by others. However, she would still be with us at these meals and I don't know what the policy is, if there is any, on non-diners or those sharing items. For instance--the MYW sit-down meals allow for an appetizer, meal and dessert. Could the 5 of us go to a restaurant let the kids share the oldests kids meal, my mom eat my appetizer, me eat my entree, dh eat his appetizer & entree and the 5 of us share all the desserts (mmm....) and only use my dd's kids meal and 2 adult meals? Does every table restaurant allow sharing of meals, even on the dining plan? Obviously this would not be an option for buffets and character meals but it would still be a great help for the other sit down dinners and would free up my mom's table meals for a sit down breakfast or some other option during the trip. Thanks for any help!

Forgot to mention that I am so excited after MONTHS of lurking to finally post my very first post!!!

First of all, congratulations on coming out of the closet.

Yes, all of the table service restaurants allow sharing of meals. Just make sure the server is aware of what is going on and check the bill carefully. Of course they will steer you to the most expensive items as their tip is based on the dollar value of what is ordered.

We've never had a problem sharing, but I don't know if there are special rules regarding dining plans. I don't think it would be a problem as they are meant to be flexible and serve your needs. Also, we always tip extra when sharing meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter