sharing dining credits

This is just crazy...It's so nuts, to me, that the brochure says one thing, and certain servers act another way. Don't you think that if it was a NEW policy, they would have NEW brochures printed up?

Disney is usually very on-top-of-things like this, aren't they? :goodvibes

I say you just go and use them as if they are all in one pot, and take bicker's advice. Have a brochure handy and be ready to stand your ground in case you get a server that gets their "panties" in a wad.

As for the the other question posted.....If I remember right (I can't remember right off-hand what you EXACTLY asked), you should be able to use the tickets. Your dining plan is tied to the NIGHTS stayed at a Disney resort.

All you have to have to get the DP is AT LEAST a one-day base ticket.

Hope that helps. You can visit www.mousesavers.com to get all the DP information. They have a lot of detailed info on that site! I hope that helps!

I'm not sure if this has changed since our visit last year, but if you have any problems sorting everything out, you could probably just go ahead and charge the meal to your room and then go back to your resort and have the front desk fix it. I think there were a couple of times where we had a problem at the restaurant, but we didn't make a fuss, we just went to the front desk at AKL and they took care of it. It was a breeze!

Pedler said:
I sometimes wonder if this is a case of CM's enforcing a Disney rule or just winging it? It seems that any type of official answer seems to be that the whole 2A2C doesn't matter yet there are repeat instances of CM's that do hold to that. Time to get Scully and Mulder on the case! :rotfl2:
Well, the problem is that some folks have latched onto some rather vague wording in the brochure. I've actually see the words horribly distorted in messages posted here in the DIS. No where does it say, explicitly, that "you can use credits purchased at the child rate for adult meals." Disney has no way to enforce that right now, the way the information systems are structured, so some people have decided to interpret that fact as meaning that the official rules allow them to do so. It is their choice to interpret things that way. However, until Disney makes an explicit statement one way or the other, reasonable people can disagree about it, and that includes CMs, and the CMs (manager) gets the final say on-site.

There is a way to find out. I have to wonder why no one has written to WDW about it asking for an official statement about what is and isn't allowed. I'll go ahead and do that.

Dcanoli said:
I say you just go and use them as if they are all in one pot, and take bicker's advice. Have a brochure handy and be ready to stand your ground in case you get a server that gets their "panties" in a wad.
You may want to consider what part of the brochure you show the CM, as there is nothing in the brochure that really says what you're suggesting here.

ROSR said:
Can someone please help me? I'm thinking of going to WDW for a week to take advantage of the free dining plan. We are a family of 5, husband, myself, DD 17, DD 14 and DD 2 ( oops). We already have 2 7-day MYW tickets. First question: Would I be able to buy 4 2-day MYW tickets and have the 2 kids use these for the 4 days we will be going to the parks?
Second question: Would we get the dining for the full 7 days even though we are in only buying 2-day tickets? TIA Rose

Yes, you can get 4/ 2 day tix and have thr kids use them, they are not likely to be hopper tix, is that an issue?

Yes, dining will be for whole trip it is based on the number of nights you are in the hotel, not park days.

Dcanoli said:
Thank you! So, they haven't changed it.

Every time we've used the plan, they've just taken my husband's card and deducted our total number of meals.

...and that makes perfectly good sense because if you search these boards, you will see that they waitstaff make mistakes all the time, and you have to carefully check your receipt when they bring it back to make sure they did it correctly.

Thanks! That puts my mind at ease--still no differentiating between adults' and kids' meals--all in one pot! :banana:

I'm glad it's the same. We also always used one card to pay for the meal, we just had to make sure they deducted our credits properly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter