Sharing Dining Credits Across Reservations

dfurst05

Mouseketeer
So I will be traveling to WDW in September of this year with a party of 7 people, including myself. Our trip is Sept 14th-20th so seven days and six nights. We will be staying at the All Star Music resort in separate rooms - one with three people and one with four people. We will be doing the Disney Dining Plan.

For many members of our trip, this is a first visit so we have decided to focus mainly on quick service dining with one character meal, and maybe another table service if this idea works out.

So my question is - if the room reservation with four people has the quick service dining plan and then the room reservation with three people has the Disney dining plan, will we be able to mix and match meal credits across rooms? By my math this will give us 18 table service credits and 42 quick service credits.

I do apologize if this post violates the rules of this board or of WDW. My intent is to be as lawful as possible and that is why I am asking in advance if this is something that would be permitted. I am new here and am still learning about WDW.

Thanks in advance for your help.

So my question is - if the room reservation with four people has the quick service dining plan and then the room reservation with three people has the Disney dining plan, will we be able to mix and match meal credits across rooms? By my math this will give us 18 table service credits and 42 quick service credits.

You can do what you're thinking. I think your math is off, though. 18 TS is correct (3 x 6). Those 3 would also have 18 QS and then the 4 in the other room would have 48 QS credits (4x2x6). So you have 66 total QS credits for 7 of you to use.

The only problem you may have is the make-up of your party. How many kids are there and which room are they in? For TS meals, a kid's credit can ONLY be used for a kid's meal. For QS, it doesn't matter.

You can do what you're thinking. I think your math is off, though. 18 TS is correct (3 x 6). Those 3 would also have 18 QS and then the 4 in the other room would have 48 QS credits (4x2x6). So you have 66 total QS credits for 7 of you to use.

The only problem you may have is the make-up of your party. How many kids are there and which room are they in? For TS meals, a kid's credit can ONLY be used for a kid's meal. For QS, it doesn't matter.

This is great to hear! Thank you for your quick reply.

The youngest member of our party will be 11 at the time of our trip so it is my understanding that we have no "kids" as far as the dining plan is concerned, right?

Thanks again for your help.

The other thing to contend with is making sure you have a member of the correct room (or their MagicBand and PIN) at each meal, or you won't be able to access the credits from that room.

This is great to hear! Thank you for your quick reply.

The youngest member of our party will be 11 at the time of our trip so it is my understanding that we have no "kids" as far as the dining plan is concerned, right?

Thanks again for your help.

You are correct; you have no Disney kids as far as the DDP is concerned, so you're good to go. Just remember what Faldred said, you have to have the correct magic band to access the correct credits.

Oh, and don't forget the 94 snack credits you have to use too!!!

The other thing to contend with is making sure you have a member of the correct room (or their MagicBand and PIN) at each meal, or you won't be able to access the credits from that room.

You are correct; you have no Disney kids as far as the DDP is concerned, so you're good to go. Just remember what Faldred said, you have to have the correct magic band to access the correct credits.

Oh, and don't forget the 94 snack credits you have to use too!!!

In the spirit of clarification I am going to offer an example. Please let me know whether or not I am understanding this correctly.

Room A is myself, my wife, and my sister (15). This is the room we want to put the regular Disney Dining plan on since there are only three of us on this room. This will give us 18 table service credits.
Room B is my mom, my step-dad, and my brothers (14 and 11).

One of our table service meals is going to be a character dinner - 7 credits. (11 credits left)
The other table service meal would be a group meal - 7 credits. (4 credits left)
My wife and I are doing a meal while we are there just the two of us - in this case we will both have our magic band which will be the "correct" magic band. - 2 credits (2 credits left)
If my mom and step-dad go to a table service meal together I can give one of them my magic band/pin and they will be able to use the remaining two table service credits.

As for snack credits - with an 11 yo and 14 yo boy in our party, I am sure we will have no problem using all of these.....

If my mom and step-dad go to a table service meal together I can give one of them my magic band/pin and they will be able to use the remaining two table service credits.

As far as I know that will work, but I'd plan it for a night you're not in the parks or at a restaurant inside the park where you are. Just be sure you're either not using FP+ or you all have the same. I don't know...maybe it's not as complicated as I'm making it. You might want to ask this over on the strategy board.

As far as I know that will work, but I'd plan it for a night you're not in the parks or at a restaurant inside the park where you are. Just be sure you're either not using FP+ or you all have the same. I don't know...maybe it's not as complicated as I'm making it. You might want to ask this over on the strategy board.

I suppose we could maybe purchase a second magic band to connect to the same MDE account and work it that way, maybe?

We have awhile to figure it out and I think we are only going to upgrade the meal plan if free dining works out for us, so a lot of variables. I was just throwing some feelers out to see if this would even work.

Thanks again for your help!!

I am pretty sure in Disney's fine print they have a Non- transferable rule. QS no one cares. You just need the PIn for that MDE account( magic band).
TS Let's see what others say from experience. If a credit is a credit and they don't care.

I am pretty sure in Disney's fine print they have a Non- transferable rule. QS no one cares. You just need the PIn for that MDE account( magic band).
TS Let's see what others say from experience. If a credit is a credit and they don't care.

There used to be a non-transferable rule in the fine print, but they took it off the brochure about two years ago. People have been sharing credits with others not on the plan ever since.

In theory, you still can't transfer a dining plan credit, but you can use a credit to buy meals for people not on the plan. It's a subtle distinction but the former implies some sort of trading/gifting where the credits would no longer be under your control, whereas the latter implies you still control the credit, but choose to use it in a certain fashion.

It's primarily to stop people selling off excess credits to third parties, I'd guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter