Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

Entered the land for the 5-9 block. Medium crowds. In line for Smuggler’s Run and it is HOT AS TATOOINE in here. No air flow in the tunnels/stairs. We’re in the single rider line. The standby was 45 minutes long, will share when we get off how long single rider took. My “data pad” (the parks play app) is loading but it says I’m not in Black Spire so I can’t actually use it. Maybe it’s because I’m inside, but if you can’t use it in the buildings connected to Disney WiFi (location access & Bluetooth on), that’s pretty lame. Hopefully they work on that.

Entered the land for the 5-9 block. Medium crowds. In line for Smuggler’s Run and it is HOT AS TATOOINE in here. No air flow in the tunnels/stairs. We’re in the single rider line. The standby was 45 minutes long, will share when we get off how long single rider took. My “data pad” (the parks play app) is loading but it says I’m not in Black Spire so I can’t actually use it. Maybe it’s because I’m inside, but if you can’t use it in the buildings connected to Disney WiFi (location access & Bluetooth on), that’s pretty lame. Hopefully they work on that.
Did you update the app?

Had an 11 to 3 slot today for the previews, and I got to DHS around 10am. Surprisingly there were no lines through security, just breezed right through that and to the entrance of the park. Walked through a few stores, then waited at the eatery at the corner of Grand Ave until it seemed right to head to the CMs for the SWGE entry. Had a short line, but it moved fast as the initial CM's checked emails and id's, then shuffled us onto the second set of CM's who scanned in by magic band or AP card. If you had Oga or Savi for a reservation, you headed off to a short third line to be scanned in there and receive a card with a time to head to one of those experiences. (I had Oga's at 11:20am.)

I headed through the bazaar, bought a Jabba the Hutt plushy thingamabob, confirmed the mixed popcorn is gluten free (a CM let me check the ingredients binder), I got some of that and a sprite and wandered around, snapping pics until it was time for Oga's. I had a non alcoholic drink there and chatted up the families I was sat with (seating/standing at tables is communal style). Got myself a Pog mug.

Grabbed a tiny wind up Gnk at the Droid Depot and it started making noise when I was in the bathroom. (lol)
Headed to MFSR, and I think the time noted 50 minutes for Standby. I think we got through in around 30. Got left handed gunner which was interesting. Our pilots were competant (we lived, yay!). After that, grabbed some food (Tip-Yip salad) at the eatery up the stairs from Millenium Falcon, which was very good, and headed back down the stairs over to The Order's area to get some blue milk (non alcohol - cool and refreshing). It was good timing, as it was starting to get pretty blazingly hot out. (Note for Oga interest - if you don't have a rezzie but are in an early slot in the day, you may be able to get in. Let the CM know and hopefully they'll let you get in line. As I was leaving in the afternoon, they were turning folks away without rezzies.)

I think I headed out around 2:30, having visited all of the stores, and done the ride once. That was a pretty neat experience. Very immersive, as you couldn't see the rest of the park around the area and there are occasional sounds of ships docking or taking off, I think.

thanks for the review. Just wanted to let you know that once the land opens the requesting for a specific position on MFSR will be a hard no. CM have been told they can only do this doing previews and both CM and now AP have been using that to experience being pilot.

In DLR I was allowed to pick my position after the land officially opened (and after the reservation only period).

Are the AP exclusive magic bands still available?

They were about an hour ago.

My register had big box full, there were three other register areas. This was Muppets Store. They told me it’s also being sold in Launch Bay. So you can check all that before you even go in if not a 9 am slot.

In DLR I was allowed to pick my position after the land officially opened (and after the reservation only period).
It's at the discretion of the CM but as a general rule they've been told to say no.
I just don't want people thinking that they can request pilot and be allowed to wait. I mean, people can always ask, the worst they can say is no, just don't get upset if they do

Had a reservation for 1-5, so I spent the whole day in Hollywood Studios until reservation time.

I attempted to enter about 11:45 but was told that they weren’t allowed to let people in until 12:30. At 12, a cast member came up and said “we can start letting 1 in now”

I headed straight to Savi’s as that was my priority 1. I asked if they had stand by available and they said they did, and that I’d get in about an hour later, and I could leave and come back in 30 minutes.

So, I went to Dok’s, where I bought (don’t tell my wife!!) a Darth Vader saber, stand, a sigh holocron and one of each Kyber crystal (except green, which I got at Savi’s). I had my package sent to the front of the park, but it took about 10 minutes for the cast member to figure out how to do it. Also, when I originally checked out, I didn’t receive a bag for my holocron, but I later saw someone get one at check out and asked about it. They are supposed to be put in their special bags at checkout and my cast member forgot.

I went back to Savi’s and waited and really thought I would never get in, but they proved to just be my impatience. Oh the other hand, the cast members there were very patient with the no-shows, calling out their names more than the policy allowed 3 times. The cast members had also formed factions based on which sector of Batuu they were from, which led to some funny conversations and altercations between the cast members as we waited. Savi’s was fantastic, and something I hope to do again. If I can justify having 3 light sabers.

After Savi’s I got a non alcoholic green milk (delicious) and then ate at docking bay 7. The themed dishes are back, so no worries about ugly plates :). After, I ran into Rey who was actively hiding from some storm troopers. She was also absolutely drenched in sweat, likely a side affect of her literally running through SWGE to evade the first order.

I checked in to see if Oga’s had openings, but they were absolutely slammed. They said they did not expect any openings but I could continue to check in.

Since I was in the area, I hopped in the single rider line for MFSR, which had a 90 minute posted wait. I waited 10 minutes, rode left engineer, and had a fantastic time. Although, I wish there was something that could be done about bags. It was difficult to juggle my bags in the quick seating time they gave us.

After that, I took my Sony a7iii and took as many pictures as I could hoping 1 or 2 would turn out. I also hit as many photo pass photographers as I could and got some popcorn at Kat’s.

Had great run ins with all of the characters except Vi, who I saw, but did not interact with.

At about 4, I was running out of steam as it continued to get hotter and I continued to not drink enough water. I decided to check in on Oga’s again and the line was super short. I was able to check in as a stand by party of 1, and was seated in 1 minute. At Oga’s, I got the Porg mug drink, Oga’s obsession and the rancor flight board and cups only (no drinks, still $85). They brought out the big boxes and bagged them for me.

At that point, I was a bit overburdened by bags, so I headed back to the hotel. I’m in Magic Kingdom now, and learning that every site that predicted a low crowd weekend was lying! It’s crowded and hot everywhere. This is why I stick to October and February!

One more question: can you show the email on your phone, or do you have to have a physical printout?

I did just about everything I could, so if you have questions shoot them my way. First solo trip, I’m lonely and can’t put my communicator down

Posters have shown printouts and some have held their phone with email on the screen. It appears as long as you have proof and the lead person has correct ID, it’s fine.

i showed my print out but they asked to see it on my phone for some reason!

Do the exclusive MBs make different sounds when scanning into the parks? Is this the grey Galaxy’s Edge MB?
I believe the grey one might only be available to purchase with a reservation. I haven't seen anyone posting pictures if it in the park

Yes, I have the grey one. Do the AP MBs do anything when scanned, I wonder?
They shouldn't. I just looked and they are limited release bands. The limited edition bands are the ones that make sounds or have effects

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter