Shampoo Rumor

adSimba

Always another adventure with Mickey
I've heard that DCL, very recently no longer uses H2O products, does anyone know about this?

2/22 Magic we had H2O.

Like Shmoo said, concierge has changed to Elemis. So us commoners came out better with that! I'll take H2O ver Elemis ANY day.

2/22 Magic we had H2O.

Like Shmoo said, concierge has changed to Elemis. So us commoners came out better with that! I'll take H2O ver Elemis ANY day.

I don't have any clue on the differences between the two brands. If it's perceived as a "downgrade" and it has already been done on Concierge, wouldn't it make sense for that to happen fleetwide unless there are complaints from Concierge guests?

LAX

I don't have any clue on the differences between the two brands. If it's perceived as a "downgrade" and it has already been done on Concierge, wouldn't it make sense for that to happen fleetwide unless there are complaints from Concierge guests?

LAX
Actually Elemis is supposed to be "better" (more upscale) than H2O. I just don't find it so good on my hair.

Actually Elemis is supposed to be "better" (more upscale) than H2O. I just don't find it so good on my hair.

Exactly what Shmoo said. It's horrid on my hair and doesn't smell nearly as nice IMHO.

I have never stayed concierge, but I tried the Eleminis product in the showers up by the spa and did not care for them at all. :) I love the regular line of shampoo, conditioner and soap though.

I've heard that DCL, very recently no longer uses H2O products, does anyone know about this?

I HOPE DCL DOESN'T GET RID OF H2O. (caps for emphasis, in case DCL is listening).

According to H2O+'s website (under About section), their contract with Disney runs through 2022.

"In 2006, H2O+ Beauty became the exclusive amenities line for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts. This partnership was recently renewed in 2012, and all Walt Disney World® hotels and cruise ships will continue to offer patrons H2O+ Beauty through 2022."​

They could always amend or break the contract, but it appears that there is/was an agreement to keep the H20 products on DCL for several more years.

Last edited:
My hair hate the H2O shampoo and I don't like the smell of the Sea Salt they provide on DCL. I plan on bringing my own shampoo next week.

If you are in Concierge you can request H2O. I don't care for the Elemis so I have requested H2O in the past. With that said, I hope the H2O on the ships now are the reformulated ones that don't have phthalates and parabens. I have the reformulated (safer) shampoo and sea salt body wash and it smells similar to the old formula.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter