Shampoo Rumor

Thanks for this thread...it jiggled my memory and I just added this to my request for shoreside concierge list. Elemis leaves my hair so tangled...and I'm with everyone else who doesn't like the smell. H2O is my definite preference!

I don't have any clue on the differences between the two brands. If it's perceived as a "downgrade"

It's definitely not a downgrade based on price. Elemis is quite expensive. I like both. We have some Elemis products we bought after some of our spa days but I also love the H2O lotion. I use it in the gym after showering. DH never uses the lotions at either WDW or on DCL so I grab all at the end of our cruise and put them aside for me when we get home.

I'm still rationing out the leftover container of H2O shampoo from our February cruise so I can somewhat pretend I'm still on the ship... fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) I don't have a lot of hair left, so the shampoo tends to last a long time!!! :)

I wonder if we can request the solar relief gel and the body wash in the non concierge room. Has anyone tried this?

We've gotten the solar relief gel a few times, the first time our stateroom host saw my mom's sunburn and left it in our room, and she's requested it a few times since.

I'm still rationing out the leftover container of H2O shampoo from our February cruise so I can somewhat pretend I'm still on the ship... fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) I don't have a lot of hair left, so the shampoo tends to last a long time!!! :)

You can simply buy it...

I wonder if we can request the solar relief gel and the body wash in the non concierge room. Has anyone tried this?

I've never asked as I don't want to create problems for the CMs but we sailed over our anniversary once and were pixie dusted with some when we came back to the room - the host had left a really nice little swan display with tons of bottles of H20 including these two kinds... it was a nice surprise but I don't think they could keep up if everyone starts asking.

Yep I have seen the solar gel given to a really burned family on deck 2.

I got horribly burned in St Thomas one cruise and went down to the med deck after suffering for a day when it started peeling - they were miffed I hadn't come sooner and said time makes a difference. They gave me some medicine cream that I had to keep in the fridge. If its a bad burn, it might be better to go get the 'big guns'. There was no charge.

I got horribly burned in St Thomas one cruise and went down to the med deck after suffering for a day when it started peeling - they were miffed I hadn't come sooner and said time makes a difference. They gave me some medicine cream that I had to keep in the fridge. If its a bad burn, it might be better to go get the 'big guns'. There was no charge.

This is great to hear. We were always afraid to go to medical for fear of large charges. So far, it seems that certain things don't incur any charge.

List of items at medical that people weren't charged for according to these boards:
Sunburn cream
Motion Sickness meds
Treatment for intestinal issues

Anything else that you can go to medical for without incurring those big fees?

This is great to hear. We were always afraid to go to medical for fear of large charges. So far, it seems that certain things don't incur any charge.

List of items at medical that people weren't charged for according to these boards:
Sunburn cream
Motion Sickness meds

Sounds like maybe its the stuff that doesn't require you to be seen by anybody? The lady at the window just took my name and stateroom # and handed it to me.

Sunburn cream
Motion Sickness meds

They also have reasonably priced OTC medicines like Robitussin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter