SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Rented a car for one day a few years back. Very easy. The car was waiting for us in the SOG garage, and we just returned it there when we were done. Couldn't have been easier.

We are arriving at SOG on April 17, and it was my understanding that we should receive the ticket pre-order email about 45 days prior to check in. As of today we at 39 days out, and are still in the SOG email 'waiting room'. Is this the normal procedure, or are we the only ones?

Even though we decided to wait until we arrived to purchase our tickets for our trip last year, at first we thought we would pre-order them. We ended up having to call about the form and ask that they email it to us. I think you should call about it. When you do return the form, make sure that you write on there that you want the ticket numbers so you can book your FP.

Even though we decided to wait until we arrived to purchase our tickets for our trip last year, at first we thought we would pre-order them. We ended up having to call about the form and ask that they email it to us. I think you should call about it. When you do return the form, make sure that you write on there that you want the ticket numbers so you can book your FP.

Thanks, I will call them ASAP.

I know this thread isn't very busy... But I am considering another stay at SoG... Our only stay there was in 2008, and it was a pleasant trip... but that was before SoG closed Evergreens as a full restaurant - I loved that place before, and to be honest - that closure has kept us away.

I've been digging all over the internet for finished photos of the new pool (including the SoG facebook fanpage)... I can't seem to find any. I can find several that are "under construction" - but nothing of the finished project... So, does anyone here have any?

Thanks in advance. :)

D~

They really made the millpond pool look like something Disney would do, and I like it. It reminds me a lot of the pool at Fort Wilderness.

I agree... Now if they'd give us a food court or a sports bar/restaurant like evergreens used to be, I'd be in heaven. :)

D~

FINALLY arrived at the 30 day countdown!!!! :cheer2: After our historically dreadful winter, I can't wait to see green grass and flowers!:flower:

Oh so glad to see the photos. I've also been wondering about the finished pool. Looks like fun and makes me look forward to our next stay there!

I agree... Now if they'd give us a food court or a sports bar/restaurant like evergreens used to be, I'd be in heaven. :)

D~
We were there back in September and the bar manager was telling us at Evergreens that they are planning to re-establish it as the bar/restaurant again. He said he was unsure the exact timeline of anything, but that many others commented that they missed the additional dining option. So will hope that this does happen:) My daughter and I will be back in May, so will have to see if any new news on it.

We are arriving at SOG on April 17, and it was my understanding that we should receive the ticket pre-order email about 45 days prior to check in. As of today we at 39 days out, and are still in the SOG email 'waiting room'. Is this the normal procedure, or are we the only ones?
Definitely call, I received my email yesterday and we are now on day 48. My hubby had to call last year as we were going for the MNSSHP and that is a separate form that they do not automatically send out. They were very nice about emailing the forms. Worth it to prepay and have the vouchers for the tickets ready at check-in:-)

Definitely call, I received my email yesterday and we are now on day 48. My hubby had to call last year as we were going for the MNSSHP and that is a separate form that they do not automatically send out. They were very nice about emailing the forms. Worth it to prepay and have the vouchers for the tickets ready at check-in:-)

Thanks. I called, and we finally got the email! So happy we won't have to wait in that long ticket line.:cheer2:

We were there back in September and the bar manager was telling us at Evergreens that they are planning to re-establish it as the bar/restaurant again. He said he was unsure the exact timeline of anything, but that many others commented that they missed the additional dining option. So will hope that this does happen:) My daughter and I will be back in May, so will have to see if any new news on it.
I'm going to be a negative nelly, but they've been saying this for years.

Anybody on FB should know that Shades of Green has a page there and just posted a bunch of photos of the new pool!

Now I wanna go back! Too bad we are booked at the new Poly Villas and BLT for summer already!

Dina

Has anyone used the Disney Florist at SOG? or does SOG have a similar service? We're arriving the weekend of Mother's Day and I'd like to do something special for my mom. Also thinking about doing a basket DIY at home and then shipping it to SOG, is that possible? I know they probably won't set it up in the room, but I'd like to keep it as surprise as possible.

Trying to book April 27 to May 2. One night (thursday) is booked up. Only large suite available. Anyone cancelling that week pm me? Four days left to 30 day window for cancellations. Last minute, I know but got great flights so....

I've always had very good luck getting a room right around and within that 30 day window. One would think that is not necessarily a busy time of year.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter