September vs. November WDW Trip

miniwinnie

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I was interested in taking a brief 5 day/4 night stay at WDW with my mom in the fall, but I'm facing a toss-up: should we go in September or November? We've never visited in the fall before, so I am completely unsure! For reference, we plan on going to all four parks, Disney Springs, and staying at a moderate on property (usually POR/POFQ).

If you can speak from experience of visiting in that time frame, what are the pros and cons? I know the obvious (MNSSHP and MVMCP), but are there any other major points to consider that would put me in favor of visiting in one month vs. another (weather, crowds)? Let me know your thoughts! :smickey:

September is usually low crowds but you still have the summer weather on top of it being hurricane season as well. I thoroughly enjoyed my early September trip last year as I think the low crowds beats good weather any day of the year.

I haven't been yet in November (going this year) but the better weather and holidays lends themselves to slightly higher crowds.

September is low crowds but hot, humid and always the threat of a major storm due to a hurricane. Also-pumpkins. November in the early weeks, not during veterans day weekend, it is cooler but not cold, low crowds and oh yes-xmas trees.

November is cooler but usually still shorts and t-shirts weather during the day. Just avoid Epcot on the weekend if F & W is going on. It is our favorite time to go. We usually go down the week prior to Thanksgiving week.

Thank you for input everyone! From what I've gathered, it looks like June has worse weather and better crowds and November is the exact opposite. :confused: I didn't even think about the opening of SWGE, so that's a major point to consider...

We've been in mid-November four times. I love the weather that time of year. It's warm but not sweltering in the parks with little rain. It's great for swimming (I'm from Michigan so 75-78 degrees is perfect pool weather for us.). We love the holiday decorations. The parks are not super crowded, although the F&W crowds at Epcot can be a bit heavy. I'd go at that time again if I could.

November has always been our favourite. Have been there in April, May, June, and September. September is the one we will never repeat. Hotter than hot, and off the charts humidity. Yes... it does feel possible that to reach 150% humidity, albeit mathematically impossible!

I've enjoyed several trips in September. I have had good luck finding better deals during that time for hotels, although it doesn't feel any less crowded with the popular Food & Wine Festival. The weather is hot, hot, hot... but I'm mentally prepared for that. I kind of associate that with WDW and being on vacation in Florida (and sort of miss it when it's not hot and humid... but that might just be my weird quirk now).

Last time I went in November, and it was significantly cooler for the most part. I actually got sunburned -- perhaps because I wasn't as vigilant about reapplying sunscreen (bad mistake on my part). I still wore t-shirt and shorts for most of the trip, although one evening it was downright chilly where that wasn't enough. Now, you can still catch F&W and also see the holiday decorations going up in November which is a huge plus.

Do you live in Ontario, GTA area? Have you been 'enjoying' this massive heat warning we had the previous two days? Where you can barely do anything and your AC barely works? Imagine doing theme parks in that weather.....if that sounds enjoyable to you, go in September. If not, stick with November. You can always add a layer, you can only take off so many before you start offending people.

October and November the weather is Beautiful. I’m currently going my first time in September 19-23. Hopefully the weather is not too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!